Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes made using oat flour instead of traditional all-purpose flour, for a gluten-free sweet variation for brunch
Sunday calls for pancakes!! But Sundays don’t have to call for guilty pancakes…you can take off some of the guilt but swapping some healthy ingredients in your recipe. That’s what I did with these Chocolate Chip Banana Oat Pancakes made using oat flour instead of traditional all-purpose flour, for a gluten-free sweet variation for brunch.
A few years ago, I started playing around with oat flour. What’s oat flour? Basically, it’s rolled oats that you grind in your food processor to become flour-like. I usually make a big batch at once and then I have it handy when I want to use for recipes. Because rolled oats are generally gluten-free, the lack of gluten in oat flour can make baked goods feel heavy or fall apart. So I learned to remedy this by adding more liquid or baking powder, and usually that does the trick!
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Lemon Ricotta Pancakes recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
More pancake recipes:
- Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- Flourless Strawberry Pancakes
- Pink Pancakes (made with beets)
- Banana Pancake Dippers
Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Coconut oil for cooking
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt)
- In another medium bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (vanilla almond milk, egg, banana and vanilla extract)
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well until everything is incorporated and there are no lumps. Fold in the chocolate chips
- Scoop about 1/4 cup batter onto hot pan prepared with coconut oil and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes per side. Repeat for the remaining pancake batter
- Top with strawberries & maple syrup, if you desire and enjoy warm.