This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
During the fall, I saw apple stuffed pancakes that were deep fried and drizzled in cinnamon maple syrup…I thought what a brilliant idea…fruit stuffed pancakes! And my mind quickly went to bananas. And so I grace you with this new amazing recipe you have to try with your kids – banana pancake dippers!
How to make pancake dippers
To start, I just cut the banana in half. Then I sliced each half into thirds lengthwise to make 12 slices of bananas. This can really be done with any fruit, but the banana and pancake combination just goes perfectly well together!
For the batter, you can pretty much use any pancake batter you’d like. I used a simple box mix for this recipe.
Once you dip the pancake slices in the batter, give it a little skillet love with coconut oil or butter. And there you go, banana stuffed pancakes, or pancake dippers or banana pancake magic – whatever you want to call it, my friends!
The final product is golden brown batter with crispy edges on the outside, hot, caramelized melts-in-your mouth sweet bananas on the inside! They were so easy to dip in the batter and fry in a pan or griddle until perfectly hot and golden brown.
I love this idea for brunch because it’s a new’ish take on pancakes and has the traditional banana and pancake flavors we all love for breakfast, packaged in an adorable new way.
How do you eat the pancake dippers
You can totally enjoy these pancake dippers on their own, but they are calling to be dipped, friends. So, I say if you want to take it one step further and live your best life, serve them with something sweet on the side to dip them in like:
- Maple syrup (that one’s a given)
- Melted chocolate
- Yogurt dip
Enjoy it how you like it and dip it good!
More pancake recipes:
- Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- Flourless Strawberry Pancakes
- Pink Pancakes (made with beets)
- Oat Flour Pancakes
If you make this healthy-ish feelgood Banana Pancake Dippers recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Banana Pancake Dippers
- 2 bananas
- 3/4 cup pancake mix
- 2/3 cup water
- Coconut oil for frying
- Maple syrup for serving (optional)
- Cut the two bananas in half, and then slice each half into thirds lengthwise to make 12 slices of bananas.
- In a medium bowl, prepare the pancake batter according to package instructions and mix well.
- Using tongs, dip the banana slices into the pancake batter, then place on a greased large skillet over medium-heat. Cook the bananas 2-3 minutes per side, until golden.
- Serve with your choice of maple syrup, jam or melted chocolate.