Ever get inspired to make something because of one ingredient? Like…always! I found the cutest spaghetti nests imported from Italy at my healthy grocery store, and I just said these need to have chicken meatballs with marinara sitting in the nests! And so, while you could technically make the chicken meatballs in the marinara sauce and then add the spaghetti to it, I did the the opposite because I wanted to showcase the cutest spaghetti nests ever. So what if it meant extra dishes? Man, I really wish I could hire a dishwasher…I’m seriously beginning to talk about the dish washing in a majority of these blog posts. But anyways, if you find such nests, buy them and make them because they cook in like 2 minutes and they retain their shape, so you can nest anything inside of them like I did here:
This post really really wasn’t supposed to talk only about the cute spaghetti nests! Let me at least tell you a little bit about these chicken meatballs with marinara sauce. I basically threw all the ingredients in the a bowl, formed them into meatballs, let them cook in my favorite marinara sauce and that’s the premise of the recipe! If you’d like you can add them to spaghetti, throw in some mozarella cheese and bake that for a few minutes to make a complete meal.
These chicken meatballs with marinara are deliciously flavored with garlic and Italian herbs and they have a juicy texture with a rich, hearty and garlicky flavor! It’s a perfect easy family dinner that everyone will love!
- 1 lb pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- Cooked spaghetti for serving
- Whole mozzarella cheese for serving
- Fresh parsley for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, grated Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic oregano, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Use your hands to combine everything until the mixture is well blended and then form the mixture into small meatballs, making about 12.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, pour the marinara sauce and carefully place the chicken meatballs into the marinara sauce.
- Cover the skillet and allow them to cook for 12-15 minutes, then uncover the skillet and turn over the meatballs to allow them to cook on the other side covered for 3-5 more minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add cooked spaghetti to a shallow oven-safe dish. Transfer the marinara sauce and the chicken meatballs on top of the spaghetti and add mozzarella cheese on top. Bake for 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
- The nutrition facts do not include the spaghetti.