This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
There’s nothing quite like a fresh, vibrant salad to brighten up a meal, and this Spinach Strawberry Salad with Basil Vinaigrette is just that! The natural sweetness of juicy strawberries paired with crisp baby spinach topped with crunchy almonds and salty feta is so good you can eat it without dressing. However, it’s the homemade Basil Vinaigrette that truly makes this spinach strawberry salad. Fresh, aromatic basil blended with tangy lemon and olive oil makes for something different and unique. Whether you’re looking for a light lunch, a side dish, or a healthy dinner option, this Spinach Strawberry Salad fits the bill.
Table of Contents
- Why you’ll love This strawberry feta spinach salad
- Ingredients to make a spinach strawberry salad
- How to make a spinach strawberry salad
- Tips for making the best spinach and strawberry salad
- Popular substitutions & additions
- What to serve with Your strawberry feta spinach salad
- How to store this spinach strawberry salad
- Frequently asked questions
- More fresh salad recipes:
- Spinach Strawberry Salad Recipe
Get ready to fall in love with this spinach almond strawberry salad! This refreshing salad guarantees a burst of flavor in every bite. Plus, it’s so versatile – serve this spinach and strawberry salad alongside your favorite grilled veggies for a crowd-pleasing salad. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself going back for seconds – it’s that good!
Why you’ll love This strawberry feta spinach salad
- Refreshingly light and bursting with flavor. The crispy spinach, sweet strawberries, and crunchy almonds create a wonderful contrast. Each bite offers a perfect balance of vibrant flavors that is truly satisfying.
- Easy to make. This salad is simple and quick to assemble, making it an ideal choice for busy days. With minimal prep and basic ingredients, you can have a flavorful salad ready to enjoy in no time.
- Stunning salad ready to impress your guests. The bright colors of the spinach and strawberries create an eye-catching presentation. It’s a visually appealing dish that impresses guests or elevates everyday meals.
Ingredients to make a spinach strawberry salad
- Spinach: Makes the base of the salad. I use baby spinach leaves which are tender and mild in flavor.
- Strawberries: Strawberries add a burst of sweet flavor and are a refreshing contrast to the mildness of spinach.
- Feta cheese: Crumbled feta brings a creamy and slightly tangy element to the salad. The saltiness complements the sweetness of the strawberries and adds a rich and savory note.
- Almonds: Sliced almonds lend a satisfying crunch and nutty flavor and balance the other ingredients.
- Dressing: A simple basil vinaigrette is made of fresh basil leaves, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to tie this salad together.
How to make a spinach strawberry salad
You will love how easily and quickly this salad comes together. Just mix the vinaigrette together and toss the salad ingredients in a large bowl, and you’re good to go!
Make the vinaigrette
- Add the basil vinaigrette ingredients to a small food processor or blender.
- Process or blend until smooth and bright green.
Build your salad
- Assemble the salad by spreading spinach on a large serving platter or salad bowl.
- Scatter quartered strawberries, feta cheese, and almonds on top. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Tips for making the best spinach and strawberry salad
- Opt for a serving platter or shallow salad bowl. Use a serving dish with a larger surface area, as it’s easier to lightly toss the salad ingredients without crushing the delicate spinach leaves. It also allows for even distribution of the dressing and toppings.
- Don’t overdress the salad. Start low with the basil vinaigrette and gradually add more as needed, ensuring the leaves are evenly coated without becoming too saturated. This prevents the salad from becoming too soggy.
- Serve the salad chilled. Keep the salad ingredients in the refrigerator until ready to serve to maintain freshness and crispness.
Popular substitutions & additions
- Try a different cheese. Not a fan of feta cheese? You can swap it out with crumbled goat cheese, blue cheese, or shredded Parmesan for a different savory note.
- Experiment with salad dressings. Substitute the basil vinaigrette with your favorite salad vinaigrette, or learn how to make salad dressing so you’re always prepared with a delicious homemade version.
- Make it a meal. Add grilled chicken breast for a protein boost, and turn the salad from a side dish to a substantial and hearty meal.
- Add extra toppings. Sliced avocado adds a creamy, buttery texture to the salad, while thinly sliced red onions add sharpness and a pop of color. Both complement the other ingredients incredibly well and would take this salad to the next level.
What to serve with Your strawberry feta spinach salad
How to store this spinach strawberry salad
This salad is best served fresh. However, if you have any leftover spinach strawberry salad that has already been dressed with the basil vinaigrette, store it in an airtight container in the fridge. If you know you are going to have leftovers, just serve the dressing and the salad separate.
How long will spinach strawberry salad last in the fridge?
Dressed spinach salad can be kept in the fridge for about a day. Separately the dressing and salad mixtures should last 2-3 days. The strawberries are going to be the biggest problem here with shriveling up.
Frequently asked questions
To meal prep this salad, you can prepare the salad components in advance and store them separately. Assemble the salad before serving for the freshest flavor and best texture. Or, you can build the salad on a serving platter and cover it with plastic wrap to store in the fridge for up to 1 day. Drizzle the basil vinaigrette before serving.
Fresh strawberries are recommended for their texture and flavor. Frozen strawberries will become softer when thawed and will impact the overall texture of the salad. I don’t recommend it.
You can make strawberry spinach salad vegan by omitting the feta cheese or replacing it with a vegan cheese alternative. The rest of the ingredients are naturally vegan.
With its vibrant colors, contrasting flavors, and nutrient-packed ingredients, this Spinach Strawberry Salad is more than just a pretty plate. It’s the perfect blend of tangy, sweet, and savory, all tied together by a homemade basil vinaigrette that’s as fresh as it is flavorful. It’s perfect for summer potlucks and cookouts or to accompany your favorite protein on a busy weeknight.
More fresh salad recipes:
- Kale Salad with Pears
- Spring Garden Salad
- Kale Tabbouleh Salad
- Fresh Watermelon Salad
- Cowboy Caviar
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Best Chopped Salad
- Green Goddess Salad
- Kale Caesar Salad
If you try this feel good Spinach Strawberry Salad recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
Spinach Strawberry Salad
- 1 5 ounce container baby spinach
- 1 cup quartered strawberries
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- To make the basil vinaigrette, add all of the ingredients to a small food processor or blender, and process for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until smooth and bright green.
- To assemble the salad, place spinach on a large serving platter or salad bowl. Scatter strawberries, feta and almonds on top. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
- Use a serving platter or shallow salad bowl with a larger surface area. This makes tossing the salad easier without damaging the delicate spinach leaves.
- Serve the salad chilled for the best flavor.
- Don’t overdress the salad. Start low and add more dressing as needed to avoid soggy salad.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.