Celebrate summer with these light and luscious recipes. From bright salads to delicious mains and fruity desserts, there’s a tasty summer dish in here for everyone. Whether it’s grilled meat dishes or bright vegetarian summer recipes, grab my summer produce guide and get ready for some fresco dining!
Summer is finally here! When the sun comes out you’ll want quick and easy summer recipe ideas to feed your friends and family, leaving you more time to take in the summer vibes and less time over a hot stove in the kitchen! From perfectly grilled chicken dinners to fresh and fruity desserts, read on for a festival of fantastic summer dishes!
Tips for making summer recipes
- Get your prep done in the morning. Get ahead of the game and keep cool at the same time! Get your chopping and cooking done during the cooler parts of the day.
- Hit the grill! Grilling isn’t just for big gatherings and parties, take your cooking outside even on weeknights. Grill up some meats and veggies in the garden. The BBQ doesn’t have to be for a big event or just for the weekend, there’s no need to be stuck cooking indoors when the heat is high!
- Dust off your small kitchen appliances. Whether it’s your slow cooker, pressure cooker, rice cooker or toaster oven, smaller appliances let you to cook foods without heating up the whole kitchen. Perfect for summer!
- Go wild for figs ! Figs are in season starting in June and they are such a treat! Eat them raw or grilled, drizzled with honey and flaky sea salt. Delicious.
- Use herbs on everything! Herbs are at their best in the summer months, vibrant, rich in flavors and aromas.. Mix and match varieties, like basil and mint, and use them on all kinds of meats and veggies.
- Flower power. Nasturtium leaves and flowers add a lovely peppery note to salads and in sandwich fillings. Farmers markets are great places to find edible flowers.
- Keep leftover fruit and veggies for the winter months. Keep your leftover berries and turn them into delicious jam. You can also freeze your herbs in olive oil to use in the colder months. You can even keep leftover tomatoes for a nice tomato sauce!
Summer recipes for breakfast/brunch
These fresh and bright breakfasts are perfect for summer mornings! From breakfast tacos to healthy smoothies, there’s a rainbow of ways to start your day.
- Summer Breakfast Tacos
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie
- How To Make Smoothie Bowls
- Bagel Fruit Pizza
- Overnight Blueberry Cobbler Oatmeal
- Tropical Papaya Boats
- Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Hummus Toast – 4 Ways
Light and delicious summer lunches
Packed wth goodness and bursting with flavor, from a flavor packed tuna salad to grilled chicken wraps, these light summer lunches are easy to make and delicious.
- Healthy Tuna Salad
- Healthy Egg Salad
- Vegetarian Cobb Salad Jars
- Quinoa Avocado Salad
- Avocado Blueberry Salad
- Pineapple BBQ Tofu Bowls
- Summer Buddha Bowls with Turmeric and Chickpeas
- Grilled Chicken Broccoli Wraps
Mouthwatering dinner ideas for summer
Spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying the balmy summer evenings with these easy and delicious dinners.
- Grilled Pizza with Tomato & Corn
- Chicken Tawook
- Pesto Tomato Flatbread
- Grilled Lemon Chicken
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Spicy Butter Salmon in Foil Recipe
Bright and fun summer desserts
Finish off the evening with one of these sweet and vibrant summer desserts! From fruit kabobs to lime trifle these easy desserts won’t disappoint.
- Grilled Fruit Kabobs
- No Bake Samoa Bars
- Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Fruit Pizza
- White Chocolate Popsicles
- Raw Strawberry Cheesecake
- Coconut Key Lime Trifle
- Ice Cream Yoga
Welcome the hot weather with these scrumptious summer recipes! Easy, delicious and perfect for entertaining! I hope this inspired you with news ideas for recipes to try this summer.
Other delicious round ups
- 25 Spring Recipes
- 15 Easy No Bake Desserts
- 16 Easy Pantry Meals
- Healthy Recipes with Canned Beans
- 17 Breakfast Ideas For Kids
If you try any of these Summer recipes or have more suggestions, I’d love to hear from you! And if you snapped some shots, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!