Banish those winter blues with a cozy, comforting and delicious soup! I’ve gathered 20 of my favorite healthy soup recipes to warm the soul and fill you with goodness. Loaded with vibrant veggies and power packed protein, there’s a soup in here for everyone.
Homemade soups are some of the most satisfying and nourishing foods you can slurp! There’s nothing quite like a steamy bowl of rich and vibrant soup to give you that warm and cozy feeling, especially during the winter months. From chicken soups to veggies packed bowls of lick-able loveliness , I’ve rounded up 20 of my favorite healthy soups.
Tips for making soup recipes
- Keep ingredients bite sized. You want your veggies and proteins to fit on the spoon for nice and convenient bites; plus it helps the ingredients cook more evenly.
- Simmer that pot! Simmering is your friend when it comes to soups. If you boil your soup too long, your veggies will become too mushy.
- Sweat your aromatics. Veggies such as onions, celery and carrots (also called mirepoix) along with garlic are the building blocks of many of my soups soup. Sauté them first before adding other ingredients and the broth to release all the flavors!
- Go big and double up your ingredients! Soups are so easy to make in large batches, they are also super freezer-friendly. Get a large pot or two and double or triple the recipe ingredients.
- Make your own stock. Whether you’re looking for chicken stock or vegetable stock, I share both recipes for easy homemade recipes you can make. They add so much flavor, and they’re cheaper than store-bought!
Best healthy soup recipes
More healthy soup recipes to try:
- Thai Chicken and Rice
- Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Potato Soup
- Vegetarian Split Pea Soup
- Fall Vegetable Quinoa Soup
- Spicy Black Bean Soup
- 20 Minute Moroccan Chickpea Soup
- Ginger Glazed Chicken Ramen
- Chicken Meatball Noodle Soup
- Healthy and Easy Pumpkin Soup
- Healthy French Onion Soup
More recipe collections to check out:
- 30 Fall Recipes
- 35 Best Apple Recipes
- 35 Recipes That are Great for Leftovers
- 15 Easy No Bake Desserts
- 16 Easy Pantry Meals
- Healthy Recipes with Canned Beans
If you any of these Favorite Healthy Soup Recipes or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making the recipes. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!