This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
‘Tis the season for all things pumpkin! This creamy squash has a delightful, earthy, sweet flavor that works across a rainbow of dishes. Read on for a cornucopia of Fabulous Fall Pumpkin recipes! From smoothies to desserts, pasta to casseroles, there’s something for everyone.
Table of Contents
There are so many pumpkin recipes – especially as Fall approaches – I’ve rounded up my gold star favorites! Pumpkin can feel ubiquitous this time of year, but don’t get pumpkin fatigue, there’s just so many delicious dishes to be made! Pumpkin adds heft, creaminess, and a subtle sweetness to dishes, it plays well with so many warming spices too. Whether it’s pies, pasta, or desserts – you’re sure to find something. So fire up your taste buds and read on for my fave Fall Pumpkin Recipes!
Why you should cook more Pumpkin recipes
- Nutrient-rich. Pumpkins are packed with nutrition. They’re rich in essential vitamins like A, C, and potassium and filled with fiber. Including more healthy pumpkin recipes can help create a more balanced overall diet.
- Enjoy seasonal flavors. Pumpkin captures the warm, comforting flavors of autumn. What better way to fully embrace the seasonal spirit than by using this winter quash in your kitchen? Whether you’re tasked with creating a holiday menu or simply looking for a tasty weeknight meal, adding pumpkin will help you create that perfect fall coziness.
- Versatile ingredient. Pumpkin is remarkably versatile and can be used in sweet and savory dishes. From soups to salads to pies and muffins, there’s a wide range of recipes where pumpkin shines.
- Pumpkin is simply delicious. When prepared right, pumpkin recipes, whether sweet or savory, are absolutely tasty! Its rich, earthy taste and natural sweetness add a wonderful depth of flavor to dishes, making them satisfying and bursting with flavor.
Tips for using pumpkin in recipes
- Steer clear of big pumpkins when selecting fresh ones. Look for small “sugar” or “pie” pumpkins for cooking and baking. These pumpkins are sweeter and have a smoother texture, which is less fibrous. You want your squash to have a dull surface; if it’s shiny, that means the pumpkin is not ripe.
- Don’t throw out the seeds. They make a delicious snack and a wonderful garnish for autumn soups and salads. Learn how to roast pumpkin seeds and how to properly store them so they last you all season long.
- Use canned pumpkin puree whenever needed. It retains that wonderful texture and subtle sweetness, and for some recipes, like pumpkin pie, I prefer it since it has less moisture than the fresh variety. But if you have trouble finding canned pumpkin in your local grocery store, why not give homemade pumpkin puree a try?
- Roast the squash first to enhance its flavor if using in soups. Roasting a pumpkin elevates any soup to dinner party status!
- Bulk up curries and stews with pumpkin. The mild flavor of pumpkin means it soaks up all those aromatic flavors and spices easily, making it a perfect base for those hearty dishes.
- Add sweetness to baking recipes with grated pumpkin. It gives a beautifully subtle sweetness to cakes and baked goods. If your grated pumpkin is a little too wet, give it a squeeze before using it and monitor it during baking – the added moisture may mean it needs a bit longer in the oven.
Best Pumpkin Recipes
Pumpkin is the epitome of fall flavor, and if you’re looking for easy pumpkin recipes from sun up to sun down, we have you covered. This collection of pumpkin recipes has it all. You’ll find delicious recipes to start your day, tasty beverages to sip on, and mouthwatering appetizers that scream autumn! You’ll dive into delightful pumpkin recipes for dinner, whether it’s a satisfying pasta dish, cozy bowl of soup, or tasty vegetarian pumpkin recipe. And you can finish the day with one of our irresistible pumpkin dessert recipes. There’s truly something for everyone!
Breakfast Ideas with Pumpkin
- No-Bake Pumpkin Balls – Start the day right with these bliss balls. They have a perfect cake-like texture and are made with simple, superfood ingredients that are actually good for you. They’re perfect for breakfast, a mid-day snack, or even a no-bake sweet treat.
- Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes – These pancakes are rich, fluffy, and easy to make. They’re naturally sweetened with pumpkin and seasoned with pumpkin pie spice for a delicious breakfast that will keep you feeling full and satisfied.
- Muesli with Pumpkin Seeds – This breakfast of champions is made with old-fashioned oats, a mix of raw nuts and pumpkin seeds, a touch of cinnamon, and naturally sweetened with dates and raisins. It’s a perfect way to start a busy fall day. Enjoy it like cereal with almond milk or top a bowl of homemade yogurt.
- Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Bread – This copycat recipe is a better-for-you version of the popular fall recipe. If you’re looking for easy pumpkin recipes, this one is it! It’s made in one bowl and full of pumpkin spice flavor and a delicious moist texture.
- Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars – These oatmeal bars are made with pumpkin puree and have very little sugar so they’re not overly sweet. They’re hearty, delicious, and totally satisfying for breakfast, snack, or dessert.
- Pumpkin Scones – You’ll love the cozy flavors of this Starbucks copycat scone recipe. With a perfect blend of warm spices, these scones are a must-try for any pumpkin recipes baking enthusiast.
- Pumpkin Crepes with Cheesecake Filling – Wow your friends and family with this delicious treat. These easy crepes are so tasty and easier to make than you think. Made with a luscious cream cheese filling, your breakfast cravings will be satisfied in the most delightful way.
- Pumpkin Waffles – There’s nothing better than starting a crisp fall day with warm, comfort food and hot coffee. And these pumpkin waffles can help you with that. Made with puree, pumpkin spice, and everything nice and is an excellent food to batch make and freeze.
- Pumpkin Breakfast Casserole – This casserole is a delicious version of French toast infused with all the pumpkin flavors. It’s a great brunch option because it serves a crowd and perfect as a make-ahead overnight breakfast casserole.
Smoothies & Drinks with Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie – Easy and quick to make with only 5 basic ingredients, this smoothie is a must-try for those seeking delicious pumpkin recipes with a healthy twist. Indulge in the cozy flavors of pumpkin pie in this nutritious blend.
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte – This homemade version of a beloved Starbucks fall beverage is just as flavorful and satisfying but with just half the calories and sugar. All you need is 5 minutes and a cozy spot to enjoy comforting autumn in a cup.
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew – This is another Starbucks favorite you must make this season. Flavored with pumpkin spice and rich in pumpkin flavor, this cold coffee drink takes minutes to make and is perfect once the temperatures drop.
- Pumpkin Milkshake – If you live in an area with seasonal confusion, let me introduce you to this magic. This pumpkin milkshake has all the fall flavors transformed into a cool, creamy treat that’s perfect for any time of the year. It’s a lightened-up version of a pumpkin pie in milkshake form, and it’s simply divine.
- Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice – Whether or not you’re a Harry Potter fan, this pumpkin juice is a must-try. Slightly spicy with a hint of sweetness and rich pumpkin flavor makes it a great choice of beverage for the fall. Serve it over ice or heat it up in a cozy mug.
- Pumpkin Spinach Smoothie – Made with spinach, avocado, banana, apple cider, and pumpkin, this smoothie has the fall flavors in a healthy pumpkin smoothie.
- Skinny Pumpkin Frappuccino – If you love healthy pumpkin recipes that also feel indulgent and decadent, you will love this pumpkin frap. It’s made with cold coffee, almond milk, pumpkin puree, a touch of maple syrup, and warm spices. It’a delicious drink that everyone will love.
Delicious Pumpkin Appetizers
- Savory Pumpkin Dip – Grab your favorite dippers and make this easy savory dip. Made with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, pumpkin puree, and green onions it will disappear fast off your appetizer table.
- Easy Spicy Pumpkin Hummus – I’m all about easy pumpkin recipes, and this pumpkin hummus meets that criteria. It comes together quickly in a food processor with minimal ingredients, and it’s oh-so-delicious! Serve it with pita bread, pita chips, or a platter of veggie sticks.
- Pumpkin Fritters – If you’re adventurous and want to try using fresh pumpkin instead of canned, this recipe is for you. Shredded fresh pumpkin is combined with Parmesan cheese and a handful of seasonings for a fritter that’s out of this world delicious!
- Baked Pumpkin with Garlic and Sage – These small bites of roasted pumpkin slices will become your favorite fall appetizer or a side dish. Thanks to the garlic and sage butter, they’re packed with flavor and are quickly and easily roasted in the oven.
Pumpkin Recipes for Dinner
- Pumpkin Pesto Pasta – Don’t limit pesto to summertime only! Made with pumpkin seeds instead of pine nuts, you can enjoy pesto flavors well into fall. Plus, this pesto version has a hearty serving of kale and fragrant basil.
- Creamy Pumpkin Pasta – Cozy up to this easy pumpkin recipe. Half and half and pumpkin puree are mixed together and seasoned with nutmeg for a delicious fall meal that the whole family will love. The best part? It comes together in no time, making it a perfect choice for a quick and comforting dinner.
- Pumpkin Chowder – A tasty and satisfying soup made with canned pumpkin, chicken, corn, rice, red bell pepper, and warm spices. It’s hearty, delicious, and perfect to warm up to when temperatures drop.
- Creamy Pumpkin Ginger Soup – When it comes to easy pumpkin recipes for dinner, I’m all about soups. And this one is both nutritious and a breeze to make. Roast sugar pumpkins in the oven, then blend them with Greek yogurt and a handful of aromatics with a soup that captures all your favorite fall flavors.
- Pumpkin Cream Soup with Roasted Hazelnut – This silky smooth and delicious soup is topped with roasted hazelnut gremolata for extra flavor and crunch. If that doesn’t scream fall in a bowl, I don’t know what does!
- 5 Ingredient Thai Pumpkin Soup – This soup packs so much curry and coconut flavor, you’ll be surprised it has only 5 ingredients. And the best part, it’s ready to eat in under 10 minutes.
- Pumpkin Cauliflower Casserole – Whether you make this for a busy weeknight or the holiday table, one thing is certain: it will be devoured fast. Cauliflower florets are enveloped in a creamy, cheesy pumpkin sauce and baked to golden brown perfection.
Vegetarian Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Soup – This simple soup has so much to offer. Filled with nutritious vegetables like carrots, celery, and onions – it provides nutrition and flavor. This savory pumpkin soup is one you’ll be coming back to all season long.
- Pumpkin Pasta with Crispy Sage – This vegan pasta dish features a dairy-free sauce rich in nutrients with a subtle pumpkin flavor, making it a delightful addition to your collection of pumpkin recipes vegetarian style.
- Easy Pumpkin Risotto – Simpler than a traditional risotto, this seasonal rendition of a classic is perfect to serve this fall. It’s packed with flavor but quick enough to whip up on a weeknight using just a few simple ingredients.
- Vegetarian Spinach Pumpkin Lasagna – This healthy pumpkin lasagna is packed with veggies and cozy spices that make it the best comfort food for fall and winter. Plus, this tasty dish is so freezer-friendly, so double up and freeze it to enjoy later.
- Pumpkin Pasta with Toasted Hazelnuts – When it comes to vegetarian pasta recipes, they must be hearty and packed with flavor! This creamy pasta does not disappoint. Made with garlic, pumpkin puree, spinach, and toasted walnuts, this is a perfect dish for a fall dinner party or a quick weeknight meal.
- Easy Pumpkin Mac and Cheese – Dress up a classic comfort food with this seasonal gourd. Pumpkin puree adds a smooth and creamy texture, while the cheese adds savory flavor and heartiness.
- Roasted Pumpkin Apple Soup – Cozy up to this vegetarian pumpkin recipe on those cool autumn nights. It has a smooth, creamy texture (but no cream!) and strikes the perfect balance between savory, sweet, and spicy flavors.
Pumpkin Dessert Recipes
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie – If you’re looking for a vegan pumpkin dessert, look no further. This recipe uses coconut cream and pumpkin puree to create a rich pie that will please everyone. Plus, it’s quick and easy to make so you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy the holiday festivities.
- Easy Pumpkin Bars – If you want a foolproof pumpkin recipe that will feed a crowd, these pumpkin bars are a must-try! They’re light and soft, almost cake-like, with a sweet pumpkin flavor that’s sure to be a hit.
- Mini Pumpkin Pies – These single-serving pumpkin pies offer a delicious way to enjoy a bite of everyone’s favorite flavors without disturbing the whole pie, making them an excellent addition to your collection of pumpkin dessert recipes.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – When a classic chocolate chip cookie meets the richness and velvety texture of pumpkin puree, you get the most mouthwatering, perfectly chewy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. An easy 15-minute treat that the whole family will love!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread – Looking for easy pumpkin recipes that will satisfy your sweet tooth? Your search stops here. With just 10 minutes of prep time, this pumpkin bread is perfect for sharing with friends and family during the cozy fall season. Better yet, make a double batch and freeze some for later.
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake – I love pumpkin dessert recipes that taste decadent but are simple to make. This one checks off all the boxes. It comes together effortlessly but has big cheesecake and pumpkin pie flavors. Easy, decadent, and perfect for fall!
- Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie – This pie will be a hit on your holiday table this year, with its velvety, spiced pumpkin filling and sweet, spicy gingersnap cookie crust. It’s gluten-free, dreamy, and oh-so-delicious!
- Pumpkin Cannoli – This pumpkin dessert sounds fancy but is made simple, thanks to store-bought cannoli shells. This Italian-inspired sweet treat is filled with pumpkin spice cream and chocolate chips for a perfect fall dessert to impress your family and friends with.
Frequently Asked Questions
These two terms are often used interchangeably, though their texture may differ. Homemade pumpkin puree tends to have more water content and the texture may run slightly thinner than the storebought canned variety. In contrast, canned pumpkin puree typically has a denser and more thicker texture due to the processing and canning.
No! Pumpkin pie filling contains added sugar, spices, and sometimes thickeners. You would typically use that for pumpkin pies and other desserts. Pumpkin puree, on the other hand, is cooked and mashed pumpkin, usually with no added ingredients other than pumpkin itself. Pumpkin puree is what you would add to soups, pastas, and other savory recipes.
Pumpkin has a naturally sweet and earthy flavor that pairs well with a variety of ingredients and spices. For sweet pumpkin recipes baking enthusiasts will love – maple, vanilla, apples, nutmeg, clove, and cinnamon are great accompaniments. Savory pumpkin recipes may include ginger, sage, thyme, coconut, and pecans or walnuts.
This collection of fall pumpkin recipes has something for everyone! From mouthwatering pumpkin recipes vegetarians will love to wholesome and healthy pumpkin recipes for the whole family. And don’t forget to finish the meal with some of the most delightful pumpkin dessert recipes.
full list of recipes
Check out the picture cards for all the recipes listed above. You can click on any of the recipes cards to take you directly to those recipes.
If you try any of these Pumpkin Recipes or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, leave a comment below! We would love to hear about your experience making the recipes. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it on Instagram so we can repost on my stories!