RITZ Mediterranean Tapas
This post has been sponsored by RITZ. They are kicking off a summer of snacking and kitchen creativity and I’m here to show you all a fun snack you can try this summer. As always, all opinions are my own 🙂
RITZ is all about bringing people together to celebrate the moments that make life rich, no matter how big or small. This summer, when you’re hosting a backyard barbecue or a Fourth of July picnic or a family reunion, I want you to try to my RITZ Mediterranean Tapas. It’s basically been tri-colored hummus topped on RITZ crackers. Let’s face it, food brings people together, especially fun food like these adorable RITZ creations!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
I start with my standard authentic Lebanese style hummus recipe. Then I divide up the hummus into three equal parts. I save one as the original kind.
For the second portion of the recipe, I blend spinach and parsley with 1/3 of the base hummus in the food processor and get a beautiful green hummus. Kinda looks like guacamole! Kinda tastes amazing!
For the final portion of the recipe, I blend sundried tomatoes and red pepper flakes with 1/3 of the base hummus in the food processor to make red hummus! It has a nice kick and a rich flavor!
And just like that, you’ve added some glitz to your RITZ crackers! It’s delicious and unexpected, yet so simple! And something you can easily incorporate to your summer get-togethers. Think Mediterranean Mezza (tapas) theme night 😉
Why I love this RITZ Mediterranean Tapas
- Everyone is already a fan of hummus so tri-colored hummus is three times the fun – a true party favorite!
- The recipe is super simple to make at home
- If you’re in a time-crunch, you can make this recipe even easier by using store-bought hummus as your base
- It’s dairy-free, vegan, and full of protein!
Thank you RITZ for sponsoring this post on how to make this RITZ Mediterranean Tapas with tri-colored hummus! Now go on, and spruce up your summer get-togethers with RITZ crackers.
By the way, if you’re totally craving more hummus recipes now (you’re welcome), check these out:
Check out my classic Lebanese hummus recipe that I tweaked three ways to make Tri-colored hummus: Top the hummus on a cracker for the perfect summer snack!
Keyword: Homemade Hummus, Lebanese Hummus
Servings: 45 servings
Calories: 16 kcal
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas/garbanzo beans rinsed/drained
- 3 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoon tahini
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 Tablespoon hot water as needed
- ½ cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes with their oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Rinse chickpeas and blend in a food processor until powder-like.
Add lemon juice, tahini, garlic cloves, salt and cumin and blend until smooth.
While blending, slowly add boiling water until the texture becomes smooth and creamy.
Remove 1/3 mixture and set aside.
To 1/3 base hummus, add the spinach and parsley and blend again until hummus becomes light green.
To 1/3 base hummus, add the sundried tomatoes and crushed red pepper, and blend again until hummus becomes orangey-red.
Scoop about ½ tbsp. of any on top of Ritz cracker and garnish with extra ingredients (chickpeas, baby spinach and sundried tomatoes)
- Nutrition: The nutrition label is for the base hummus and does not include the RITZ crackers or the ingredients for the green and red hummus
- Storage: Store any leftover hummus in an airtight container for up to 5 days. If any hummus are on crackers, they are best consumed within 24 hours.
Amount Per Serving (3 g)
% Daily Value*
Sodium 58mg 2%
Potassium 40mg 1%
Total Carbohydrates 1g 0%
Vitamin A 1.4%
Vitamin C 2.3%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.