As a Lebanese mom, there are two things I’m proud of: 1) the fact that my kids love hummus, and 2) the fact that my kids can pronounce hummus like they are FRESH off the boat! Ahhh, such simple joy! But for real, every time I make my Lebanese Hummus with Ground Beef, or just plain hummus for that matter, my kids swoon over the plate and practically wipe their plate clean…using the pita bread of course!
I hope they always love hummus, and more importantly, I hope they always have a love for Lebanese food like I do. And I know that’s mostly up to me, so I’m doing my part and always keeping up with Lebanese food appearances. Next I need to teach them some classic Lebanese songs and we’re set! hahaha
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- 2 small garlic clove
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1-2 Tbsp hot water to help blend it
- 3 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tsp 7 spice seasoning
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- In a food processor, blend garbanzo beans, garlic, lemon juice, tahini & salt.
- Slowly add boiling hot water to reach the desired consistency & blend until smooth.
- Scoop hummus into a platter and store in fridge or set aside.
- In a medium size pan on medium heat, dry toast the pine nuts until golden brown and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil and brown the ground beef with the seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Add the pine nuts to the pan of ground beef and mix.
- When ready to serve, scoop the ground beef over the hommus, sprinkle with fresh parsley and drizzle olive oil around the platter.
- This can be served warm or cold, to your preference and tastes wonderful with pita bread