This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
What’s the secret to good garlic bread? Garlic. Fresh Garlic. This is coming from a girl who likes to buy a tub of peeled garlic, grind it in the food processor to turn it into a garlic paste and freeze to use all month long. I love using my batch of frozen garlic paste in all my cooking…it’s pretty much a main feature ingredient around my house. But, when it comes getting that rich and robust garlic taste, it’s gotta be fresh. I use minced fresh garlic and mix it with high quality olive oil and fresh herbs. It’s only a few ingredients so their freshness really comes through! Seriously…the best garlic bread you’ll ever eat!
I used sourdough this time, but you can also use french bread or ciabatta or any bread you like. And you can slice them however you’d like. I went a little un-conventional garlic bread slicing this time…look at me, living on the wild side 😉
You can puree the garlic sauce in a blender for a smooth and even texture, but I just left it chunky and spread it on the bread very generously.
Then I sprinkled some grated Parmesan cheese. You can omit this part if you’re not feeling cheesy.
And then broil them for 3-5 minutes, and get ready for your house to smell like a garlic bomb…in an amazingly delicious savory kinda way!
Time for this Olive Oil Garlic Bread to go for a proper dunk!
Arguably the best garlic bread I’ve ever had. Better than most restaurant garlic bread. Better than ALL frozen garlic bread.
Don’t buy ready-made garlic bread please. Just buy yourself some ciabatta or sourdough bread and make this Olive Oil Garlic Bread instead.
For more easy appetizers:
- Shrimp Cocktail in Avocado Bowls
- Crostini with Roasted Tomatoes
- Mushroom Avocado Toast
- Whipped Goat Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes
- Simple Guacamole
- Baked Brie Cranberry in Bread Bowl
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Olive Oil Garlic Bread recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagramso I can repost on my stories!
Garlic Cheese Bread
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, grated garlic, fresh parsley and salt.
- Place the two bread halves, cut sides up, on the prepared baking sheet. Spoon the garlic and herb olive oil evenly over the cut sides, and sprinkle evenly with the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling and the bread is crispy on the bottom. Cut each bread half crosswise into 8 pieces, sprinkle with parsley, and serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.