This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
What’s the secret to good garlic bread? Garlic. Fresh Garlic. This is coming from a girl who likes to buy a tub of peeled garlic, grind it in the food processor to turn it into a garlic paste and freeze to use all month long. I love using my batch of frozen garlic paste in all my cooking…it’s pretty much a main feature ingredient around my house. But, when it comes getting that rich and robust garlic taste, it’s gotta be fresh. I use minced fresh garlic and mix it with high quality olive oil and fresh herbs. It’s only a few ingredients so their freshness really comes through! Seriously…the best garlic bread you’ll ever eat!
I used sourdough this time, but you can also use french bread or ciabatta or any bread you like. And you can slice them however you’d like. I went a little un-conventional garlic bread slicing this time…look at me, living on the wild side 😉
You can puree the garlic sauce in a blender for a smooth and even texture, but I just left it chunky and spread it on the bread very generously.
Then I sprinkled some grated Parmesan cheese. You can omit this part if you’re not feeling cheesy.
And then broil them for 3-5 minutes, and get ready for your house to smell like a garlic bomb…in an amazingly delicious savory kinda way!
Time for this Olive Oil Garlic Bread to go for a proper dunk!
Arguably the best garlic bread I’ve ever had. Better than most restaurant garlic bread. Better than ALL frozen garlic bread.
Don’t buy ready-made garlic bread please. Just buy yourself some ciabatta or sourdough bread and make this Olive Oil Garlic Bread instead.
For more easy appetizers:
- Shrimp Cocktail in Avocado Bowls
- Crostini with Roasted Tomatoes
- Mushroom Avocado Toast
- Whipped Goat Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes
- Simple Guacamole
- Baked Brie Cranberry in Bread Bowl
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Olive Oil Garlic Bread recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagramso I can repost on my stories!
Olive Oil And Herbs Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf sourdough or ciabatta bread
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut the bread into about 12 even slices (I divided them onto two trays) and spread on a baking sheet (or two)
- In a small jar, mix the olive oil, minced garlic and fresh parsley. Close the jar and shake to blend.
- Brush or spoon the olive oil garlic mixture generously on the cut side of each slice of bread. Season with fresh cracked black pepper, if desired.
- Sprinkle each piece with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Broil in the oven until they are toasted and the cheese has melted, about 3-5 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately.