This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These juicy Garlic Butter Steak Bites are seared to perfection and melt in your mouth with the best buttery finish. Beef tips are so easy to make and come together quickly for dinner; they are something fun for the kids to eat and make for one tasty appetizer! It’s like bringing the steakhouse home but in a bite-size way.
Table of Contents
- Why you’ll love this steak bites recipe
- Ingredients to make steak bites
- How to make garlic butter steak bites
- Tips for making the best steak bites recipe
- Popular substitutions & additions
- What to serve with garlic butter steak tips
- How to store & reheat steak bites
- Frequently asked questions
- More steak recipes:
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites Recipe
Steak bites with garlic butter are delicious paired with dinner sides like mashed potatoes and roasted cauliflower or over rice with oven-roasted asparagus. Grab a toothpick and enjoy these straight from the pan for something savory to snack on, or serve buttery garlic steak bites as a fancy appetizer for special occasions. Believe me, they are a crowd-pleaser and will be gone in a flash!
Why you’ll love this steak bites recipe
- Versatile. You can serve these steak bites with pretty much anything! Use up leftovers and make a hash, throw them on top of a Mexican chopped salad, or serve with a couple of sides and call it a day!
- Ready in under 20 minutes! Have the juiciest steak tips ready to devour in no time. Cut the steak into chunks, chop the garlic, and cook these beefy bites for 10 minutes.
- Great for kids and adults. This quick and easy buttery steak recipe is something everyone will enjoy and even more so for kids because of the fun, bite-size pieces.
Ingredients to make steak bites
- Steak: I use sirloin steak and cut it into bite-sized pieces, about 1-inch in size. You can use any cut of steak you like.
- Oil + Butter: The oil is used at the beginning to sear the steak, followed by butter to help caramelize the steak and add a rich flavor.
- Garlic: Fresh garlic gives the best flavor. Mince the garlic or use a garlic press and cook the garlic until you can smell it.
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley: Chop parsley coarsely for a finishing touch.
How to make garlic butter steak bites
- Add steak bites to a sizzling hot skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook undisturbed until browned.
- Flip them over and sear the other side.
- Add the butter and garlic, and continue cooking, stirring frequently.
- Once the garlic is lightly golden and fragrant, your steak bites are ready to serve immediately.
Tips for making the best steak bites recipe
- Remove steak from fridge 30 minutes before cooking. This allows the steak to come to room temperature, which then limits the extreme temperature change from the fridge to a hot skillet and cooks the steak tips evenly.
- Don’t overcrowd the steak. If your skillet isn’t big enough, you may need to cook two batches of the steak to ensure that they are not overlapping on the skillet while cooking. Providing space around the beef tips ensures a nice golden brown sear on the steaks.
- Use a stainless steel skillet if you have one. Steak bites cook well in a non-stick skillet or a cast iron skillet, but I love the browning on steak when I use a stainless steel pan. Using high heat and cooking the steak undisturbed will allow it to release from the pan naturally once fully seared. The result is the most juicy, savory beef tips possible!
- Choose your cut of beef. Sirloin is my steak of choice because it cooks up tender and is also inexpensive. You could also use ribeye, tenderloin, or New York strip.
Popular substitutions & additions
- Add a splash of soy sauce. Sprinkle in soy sauce when adding the garlic to create a saucy umami-packed flavoring to these garlic butter steak tips.
- Add mushrooms. About halfway through cooking the steak bites, add some sliced mushrooms. They’ll pick up all the tasty beef bits from the bottom of the pan and soak up all the rich flavors. Plus, steak and mushrooms just go together!
- Use roasted garlic. Instead of sauteing fresh garlic at the end, squeeze in some smooth roast garlic and mix it into the butter sauce. Use a whole head of garlic–you won’t regret it!
- Add a Parmesan crust. Add freshly grated parmesan to the pan when adding the butter. This cheesy butter will melt and coat the steak bites, adding an irresistibly tangy, nutty flavor.
- Spice it up. Sprinkle in some red pepper flakes for a little kick to the savory buttery steak tips.
What to serve with garlic butter steak tips
- Fluffy Oven Baked Potato
- Roasted Carrots
- Parmesan Crusted Brussel Sprouts
- Smashed Sweet Potatoes
- Corn on the Cob
- Chimichurri Sauce
How to store & reheat steak bites
Store cooked steak bites in a covered container in the fridge. Make sure to scrap in all that garlicky butter sauce!
To reheat: Add the tips to a hot pan and pan fry until just warmed through, about 4-5 minutes.
How long will beef steak bites last in the fridge?
Steak bites will last up to 3-4 days in the fridge.
Can i freeze cooked beef tips?
Yes, you can freeze beef tips in a freezer safe container or bag for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.
Frequently asked questions
Sirloin and beef tenderloin are the most tender results, but strip steak, chuck steak, and flank steak are also good options.
The key to getting the juiciest, most tender steak bites is using high heat to sear the outside to lock in the juices. Butter burns quickly, so oil is used to get that signature caramelized crispness. The butter is added at the end to pick up all the beefy bits from the pan and coat the steak in a rich buttery sauce.
This could be because they were overcooked, or if using a tougher steak, they weren’t cooked long enough.
These deliciously rich and savory garlic butter steak bites will wow your guest and have the best flavor to serve in many ways. Uplevel your Game Day Appetizers with a beefy bite-sized appetizer or cook up steak tips for a quick dinner for the family; either way, you’ll be glad you did. They’re just too easy to make, so enjoy them as often as you like.
More steak recipes:
- Air Fried Ribeye
- Grilled Steak
- Oven Baked Steak Fajitas
- Skillet Steak
- Steak Gyros
- Steak Shawarma Wrap
- Steak and Broccoli Stir-fry
- Sirloin Jollof Rice
If you try this feel good Garlic Butter Steak Bites recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Add the steak cubes to the skillet and cook on one side undisturbed until browned, about 4-5 minutes. Flip them over and cook on the other side for 3 more minutes.
- Add the butter and garlic and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the garlic is lightly golden and fragrant, about 1 more minute.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.