Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
As most of you know, we are moving out of our home in 2 weeks. I cooked up a bunch of recipes last month, so I’ll have enough “inventory” of recipes to be posting in the next couple months while we close on the new house, take a couple vacations, and transition our lives! But speaking of inventory…ugh I have the weirdest things left over in my pantry that I’m trying to get rid of. I literally bought coconut flour 15 months ago and it’s still staring at me asking me to bake a gluten-free thing with it…we’ll leave that adventure for the next home; it ain’t happening here! But still, I’m on a mission to get rid of stuff without buying stuff. Needless to say, some meals have been quite interesting; and others, like this simple 6-ingredient Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta have been quite amazing!! Now, I wish I found more than just ONE jar of roasted red peppers in my pantry!
How do you make it, you ask? Sautee some onions and garlic, blend that up with roasted red peppers, combine that with some half and half (or vegan choice of milk if you prefer) and give it all a toss with the pasta. I had 3 boxes of Capellini in my pantry so that choice was OBVS for me, but this works with any pasta of choice. I literally whipped this up in less than 30 minutes, went back to counting all the things I still have left in my pantry and creating creative recipes for move-out week, haha! We ate it with simple grilled chicken and it was so creamy, dreamy and comforting! 2 things knocked out of my pantry…47 things more to go (sigh…)
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 12 oz capellini pasta, or pasta or choice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (15.5 oz) roasted red peppers, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup half and half (or milk of choice)
- Fresh chopped parsley, for serving
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package instructions.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes, until they become fragrant and soften.
- Remove the skillet from the hit and transfer the onion/garlic mixture to a blender or food processor. Add the drained roasted red peppers to the blender and puree until everything is well blended.
- Transfer the pureed sauce back to the skillet and cook for a few minutes until the sauce bubbles. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then add the half and half (or milk of choice) to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet. Toss the combine the pasta with the sauce.
- Serve garnished with fresh parsley, if you desire.