This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Air frying chicken breast is the easiest way to get that “fried” chicken flavor without all the grease. Let the air fryer cook your chicken breast to perfection so that every bite is moist and full of flavor. Long gone are the nights of cleaning up the mess after pan-frying chicken on the stove! The air fryer is about to become your new best friend!
What I love about making these fried chicken breasts is that they don’t have that extra coating of flour on them. They’re light, delicious, and low carb, which is always a win. Not only that, but they’re gluten-free, too! This simple chicken recipe is literally perfection.
why you’ll love this Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe
- Air frying your chicken breast creates a beautiful, light and delicious flavor you just can’t get from the oven.
- Fast and easy weeknight dinner. Go from the fridge to the dinner table in less than 30 minutes!
- This recipe is extremely versitle it pairs well with vegetables or any other side dish.
Ingredients You’ll Need To make chicken breast in The air fryer
- Chicken breasts: I use 4 pounds of chicken breast for this recipe but you can alter that as needed. If you need to cook it in two batches, that’s totally fine!
- Spices: Paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, and black pepper are the spices that make up the simple chicken marinade.
- Olive oil: Using olive oil is the best way to hold the spices onto the chicken to give it all that delicious flavor.
How to make Air fryer chicken breast
- Make sure to pat the chicken breast dry removing any and all water. Once done, combine the marinade and apply evenly over the chicken.
- After your chicken breast has had time to absorb all the yummy flavors you’ll want to add the marinated chicken to the air fryer in a single layer.
- Cook for 8 minutes, then flip the chicken and cook for another 6-7 minutes.
- Use the meat thermometer and check that the internal temperature is at least 165 degrees.
Tips for making chicken breast In The Air Fryer
- Pound the chicken for even cooking. You’ll notice most chicken breasts are thinner on one end than the other and this can result in one side cooking faster than the other. It helps to pound the chicken to even out the thickness when necessary.
- Pat the chicken breast dry. For the marinade to stick, you need to get rid of as much moisture as possible. As we all know water and oil don’t mix! Use a clean paper towel and pat each piece dry.
- Marinate for as long as you can. For the best flavor, let your airfryer chicken breast marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Invest in a meat thermometer. Making sure that chicken is cooked all the way through is important for food safety. Owning a meat thermometer will help you know immediately if the air fried chicken is thoroughly cooked.
popular substitutions & additions
- Seasonings. Since chicken is so versatile, you can literally use any seasonings here that you want. This is an easy way to change up the way this air fryer chicken recipe tastes every time.
- Add a light coating. If you want to have more of a “fried” texture, you can make a light coating with parmesan cheese, egg, and panko breadcrumbs!
what to serve with Your Air Fryer Chicken
- Air Fryer Green Beans – If you’ve never cooked green beans in the air fryer, now is the time! So good!
- Broccoli Mac and Cheese – There’s no doubt that this will be a family favorite time and time again! (Plus it’s a great way to get some extra veggies into the family’s diet!)
- Chopped Green Goddess Salad – Salads are a great side option that is a light and delicious recipe.
- Air Fryer Vegetables: You can throw some chopped vegetables in the air fryer before or after cooking the chicken for an easy meal all made in the air fryer.
how to reheat & store air fryer chicken breasts
If you have leftover chicken, add it to an airtight container and store it in the fridge. This simple chicken recipe makes delicious leftovers!
how long will cooked chicken breasts last in the fridge?
For the freshest taste and flavor, eat any leftovers within 2-3 days.
can i freeze Chicken Made In The Air fryer?
Yes! Add the cooked chicken to a freezer-safe bag and store it in the freezer. As long as it’s sealed, it should stay good for up to 2 months.
how to reheat Your LEftover Chicken Breasts
When you’re ready to reheat, just add the chicken back to the air fryer for 3-4 minutes and heat low and slow, or warm it up in the microwave.
Frequently asked questions
If you end up with dry chicken, it’s most likely due to it being overcooked. You’ll want to use your meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken if you suspect it is done.
If you can let the chicken rest for 3-5 minutes before cutting into it, this will allow the juices to be released back into the chicken and help it stay nice and moist!
Yes! If you prefer chicken thighs over breasts, you can swap them out. You’ll want to adjust the cooking time accordingly based on the size of your chicken thighs.
If you’re ready for a delicious recipe for cooking chicken breast, get ready to treat your tastebuds to an amazing flavor. This simple air fried chicken recipe is perfect for family dinners or an amazing way to add so much flavor to chicken breasts easily.
More chicken recipes:
- Rosemary Roasted Whole Chicken
- Honey and Browned Butter Chicken
- Pickle Brined Chicken Tenders
- Breaded Air Fryer Chicken
- Oven Baked Chicken Tenders
- Creamy Pesto Chicken
- Pan Seared Chicken Thighs
If you try this feel good Air Fryer Chicken recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Pat the chicken breast with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Pound the thicker end of the chicken to even out the sides for even cooking.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of the chicken and season with the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Rub the chicken breasts with the oil and seasoning and coat well. Allow the chicken to marinade for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F. Arrange a single layer of the chicken breasts in the air fryer basket with the smooth side down. Air fry for 8 minutes, then flip and air fry for 4-7 more minutes, until cooked through, golden or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Allow the chicken breast to rest for 5 minutes, then slice and serve with a side of your choice.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.