If you’re looking for easy chicken recipes, this one is for you! These oven fried chicken tenders are not actually fried, but baked in oven. But their texture gets crispy in the oven, so it has a similar effect to fried chicken – in a healthy way. Aside from the major-reduction in grease factor on your fingers, I think these taste just as good or even better than traditional fried chicken. They’re juicy, crispy and so easy to whip together.
How to make oven fried chicken tenders
I like to whisk eggs with mustard to give them a juicy inside with a slight spicy flavor from the mustard. And I prefer to use panko breadcrumbs over traditional breadcrumbs because they have more of a crunch, especially if you toast them beforehand.
If you want them extra crispy, you can also cook them on a wire rack over the baking dish, but most days I just want convenience, so I opt for the parchment paper that I can simply toss afterwards.
That’s before oven-time and this is after oven-time. So pretty and golden!
I topped them off with some fresh parsley and we just dipped them in ketchup. They’re so addicting!
Oh Oven Fried Chicken Tenders, you never let me down.
If you’ve tried this feel good Oven Fried Chicken Tenders recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
For more chicken recipes, check out:
- 12 1 1/4 lbs chicken tenders or skinless breasts cut into strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 Tbsp mustard
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Ketchup or your favorite condiment, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the chicken tenders on a paper towel to try them and slightly tenderize them with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the eggs, mustard and salt and pepper. In another medium size bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs, paprika and dried thyme. You can also use a ziplock bag for the panko mixture.
- Dip the chicken into the eggs mixture, then toss into the panko mixture. Dust off any excess panko mixture and lay the chicken tenders on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat for the remaining chicken and spread them out on the baking sheet so they are not touching.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until the chicken is golden.
- Enjoy warm with ketchup or any other sauce, if desired.
- These oven fried chicken tenders can also be made ahead and frozen. After preparing the chicken according to the instructions, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place them in the freezer for 2-3 hours. When they are frozen solid, you can place them in a ziplock bag and store for use up to 3 months later. When you are ready to bake, you can just add 5-10 extra minutes to the baking time.