This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This healthy cucumber juice recipe is an easy way of getting the goodness in! Made with three ingredients, my recipe also includes lemon and mint for a refreshing and zingy drink. Quick and simple to make, low calorie, low fat but a great way to stay hydrated with added nutrients and minerals.
What ingredients do you need to make cucumber juice:
You really only need cucumbers and water to make cucumber juice, but I like adding lemons and mint for their added nutritional benefits and flavor.
- Cucumbers: Use the freshest cucumbers you can for juicing, and organic if you can. They should be bright in color with an evenly colored skin and make sure they are firm. Cucumbers are high in nutrients but low in fat and calories. They contain up to 90% water so they are great for hydration with added benefits of heart healthy antioxidants. They can also help lower blood pressure and blood sugar.
- Lemons: Lemon juice adds a great zing to the cucumber. I recommend using fresh rather than bottled juice for the most benefits. Lemons contain a high amount of vitamin C and can reduce your risk of heart disease and improve your digestive system.
- Mint: Fresh mint leaves are blended into this cucumber juice and they work so well with the other ingredients. Use fresh leaves that are rich in nutrients. They can help digestion and ease cold symptoms.
How to make cucumber juice
Place all of the ingredients into a food processor or in a blender, and blend the ingredients until smooth. There is an option al step to strain the juice through a fine sieve and into a pitcher or bowl, but it’s not necessary if you have a strong blender.
Tips for making cucumber juice:
- Peel and remove all of the skin from the cucumbers. This helps to ensure that there are no tough solids left over after making the cucumber juice. Instead you’ll have a smooth and consistent juice.
- Blend the ingredients for at least two minutes. This is especially important if you don’t have a strong blender. The speed and duration of blending is what help with the perfect consistency
- Use a strainer for extra smooth cucumber juice. If you keep the peel on the cucumber or feel that the mint or lemon zest didn’t blend well, you can pour the juice through a mesh sieve and use a spoon to stir it around so it strains properly making without any chunky bits.
- Drink the juice as soon as you’ve made it since the ingredients start to lose their nutrients once they are oxidized. If you are making it ahead of time, store it in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge. Drink it within 24 hours.
Frequently asked questions
Can you drink cucumber juice everyday?
Cucumber juice is a great way of rehydrating your body and you get a good dose of vitamins and minerals at the same time. A glass of this juice each day will do you know harm but a lot of good. It’s a great juice to drink first thing in the morning to rehydrate your body after sleep.
How do you make cucumber juice taste good?
Cucumber juice on its own can be bland and not that enjoyable, but this recipe adds lemon and mint to make it super tasty and refreshing. You can swap the lemon for lime if you prefer, or try adding another fruit like strawberry.
Can cucumber juice help you lose weight?
Cucumber juice is nutrient dense but extremely low in calories, one glass is around 45 calories. It will help you to stay full for longer. So if you have a glass in the morning with your breakfast, you are less likely to get tempted by mid morning snacks. This is a great recipe to add to a healthy diet.
More healthy juices/smoothies:
- Aloe Vera Smoothie
- Detox Kale Smoothie
- Celery Juice
- Glowing Green Smoothie
- Superfood Smoothie
- Homemade Lemonade
More cucumber recipes
I love how quick and easy it is to make this juice. It’s so fresh and zingy and it certainly helps to wake me up in the morning!
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Cucumber Juice recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
- 6 cups water
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- Slice off the ends of the cucumbers and peel. Chop into a few larger pieces.
- Place the cucumbers, water, lemon zest, lemon juice and mint in a food processor or in a blender. Blend the ingredients for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Set a strainer over a larger bowl and pour the cucumber juice into the strainer. Use a spatula to move the juice through the strainer until no more juice strains out. Discard the solids.
- Enjoy the cucumber juice immediately, or store in fridge for up to 24 hours.