Organic Strawberry Sweet Vanilla Smoothie
For me and my kids, this is my go-to recipe that we love making on weekends. It’s creamy from the almond milk, sweet from the strawberries and ripe banana; and packs in some good fiber to keep your tummy happy. We’re obsessed with this Organic Strawberry Sweet Vanilla Smoothie lately. I think it’s because we’re obsessed with summer and craving the familiar refreshing taste of summer on this winter day. If you’re like us, let this simple strawberry banana smoothie transport you instantly to blissful summer days sipping on a refreshing drink!
By the way, you can adapt this recipe to include vegan protein powder, which I’ve included in a version of this below. If I’m just getting back from the gym, I like to blend everything together, serve the kids their portions and then add the protein powder for my portion. Here’s one of my favorite protein powders used in this version of the smoothie.
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 ripe banana, chopped
- 8 oz frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 scoop sweet vanilla protein powder (I use Orgain) -- optional
- Add all ingredients to blender in the order of appearance.
- Blend thoroughly on high speed for 1 minute until the mixture is completely smooth. If it is too thick or not blending well, you can add more water or almond milk.
- Taste and adjust the flavor as needed, by adding more bananas or strawberries or a sweetener of choice for added sweetness.
- Serve immediately for best flavor and consistency.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.