Mason Jar Lid Mini Pumpkin PiesJump To Recipe
- Serves: 12-16 mini pies
These Mason Jar Lid Pumpkin Pies are individualized portions making them perfect for a dinner party or Thanksgiving - they're cute, flaky and delicious!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Mason Jar Lid Mini Pumpkin Pies
I’m all about the mini pies this year because I’ve realized that if I have a regular serving size of anything on my plate, I cannot contain myself from finishing it all. So I make desserts mini, and there ya have it…it’s one serving (just a whole lot smaller). Last week, I made Cranberry Apple Mini Pies, and now it’s Mason Jar Lid Mini Pumpkin Pies. I used the same store-bought vegan pie dough for both and you can use any kind that you like. This mason jar lid hack helps to shape the mini pie crust and cook them individually for portion-controlled adorable mini pumpkin pies.
This is a great recipe for kids to get involved with! Mine love using the cookie cutter to cut out the shapes, place them in the mason jar lids and stuff with the easy-t0-whip-up pumpkin pie filling. Top it off with some coconut whipped cream and pecans and you’ll be everyone’s BFF this Thanksgiving!
Dare I say this is a healthy dessert? Well, it’s vegan, there’s only 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in the whole recipe and there’s relatively low sugar, so yes, let’s call this our healthy Thanksgiving dessert. Now the challenge is to only eat one!
How to Make Mason Jar Lid Mini Pumpkin Pies (1 min.)
- 2 (9") pie crusts of your choice
- 1 1/2 (15 oz) cans of pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Coconut whipped cream for serving, optional
- Crushed pecans for serving, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the mason jar lids on the parchment paper. Spray lids with cooking spray.
- Cut out 12 separate 3 1/4 inch circles out of the pie crust. Place the cut-out pie crusts inside the mason jar lids, pushing tightly to secure.
- In a large bowl, add all the pie filling ingredients and whisk with a hand blender to combine, scraping down sides as needed.
- Pour the pie filling into the pie crusts, filling them about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Let cool before serving.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream and crushed pecans, if desired
- Recipe for the pumpkin pie filling adapted from The Minimalist Baker
- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can make your own by mixing: 2 tsp ground cinnamon, 2 tsp ground ginger, 1 tsp ground nutmeg, 1/2 tsp ground cloves.