This Strawberry Mango Smoothie is a fresh, flavorful and sweet smoothie with a serving of vegetable - Made with only 5 ingredients and sure to energize you!
This Strawberry Mango Smoothie is bursting with tropical paradise flavor. One sip of this nutrient packed smoothie will transport you to a sunny summer day. It’s like having a margarita that you’re allowed to drink for breakfast, plus it comes with a serving of vegetables, thanks to those carrots!
Strawberries, mangoes and oranges are an excellent source of Vitamin C making this low-carb drink a cold-kicking dynamo. I sometimes add some ginger in the mix to give this smoothie depth and the added health benefit of soothing tummies, but it’s not necessary to include it.
How to make strawberry mango smoothie
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Strawberries: You can use fresh or frozen strawberries. They add lots of Vitamin C to the smoothie recipe.
- Mangoes: Again, you can use fresh or frozen mangoes, but it’s easier on the blender if only one of those two were frozen.
- Oranges: Oranges also add a great amount of Vitamin C and pair well with the sweetness of the mangoes
- Carrots: This is a great option for adding a serving of vegetables that easily blend into the color of the strawberry mango smoothie without changing the taste.
- Almond milk: I like to keep my smoothies vegan by using plant-based milk. But you can use regular milk, water, orange juice or coconut water. You just need some liquid to get the blender going.
Make this healthy strawberry mango smoothie in just a minute! Simply place all of the ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Taste the smoothie and add additional milk if it is too thick. You can also add some sweetener since we’re not using any fruits that are too sweet. The recipe makes enough for two 12 ounce cups, which is what’s pictured.
Tips to make this strawberry mango smoothie
- Don’t add ice to this smoothie when you blend it. Ice will dilute the drink and because you are using frozen mango or frozen strawberries, you won’t need it. I also like to use chilled almond milk.
- Use ripe fruit. The riper the strawberries and mangoes, the sweeter and more flavorful they will be. If the fruits are frozen, they are most likely frozen at their peak sweetness so you won’t have to worry about that.
- Blend the smoothie for at least a minute. If you are using a standard, rather than a high speed blender you may need to blend it for up to 2 minutes to get it nice and smooth.
Frequently asked questions
Can you make smoothies ahead of time?
Smoothies are best to enjoy as soon as they are made. As soon as the fruit is oxidized they start to lose their nutrients, so if you can have it right away. If you can’t enjoy it straight away, keep it in an air tight container for up to 24 hours. After that time it will start to deteriorate.
Can you use any milk in this smoothie?
I used almond milk for this vegan smoothie, but you can use any type of milk you wish. Oat, coconut, soy and dairy will all work well, so feel free to use whatever you have in the fridge.
When’s the best time to have this smoothie?
This strawberry mango smoothie is great to enjoy as a mid morning or mid afternoon pick me up. Each serving is around 180 calories, so it’s perfect to enjoy as a healthy snack.
For more healthy juices and smoothies:
- Mixed Berry Smoothie
- Mango Kiwi Smoothie
- Mango Banana Smoothie
- Orange Pomegranate Smoothie
- Banana Berry Smoothie
- Pitaya Smoothie
- Cucumber Juice
This smoothie is so refreshing, it’s a perfect fresh and healthy smoothie that takes minutes to make.
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Strawberry Mango Smoothie recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
This Strawberry Mango Smoothie recipe was originally published on October 13, 2016. I’m re-sharing it today with more step-by-step photos. Here’s the original photo…so artistic!
Strawberry Mango Smoothie
- 2 cups strawberries chopped
- 1 ½ cups frozen mango
- 1 carrot roughly chopped
- ½ orange peeled
- 1 ½ cup almond milk
- Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender, and blend for 60-120 seconds until you get a smooth and creamy texture.
- Taste the smoothie, adding more milk if it is too thick or adding more sweetener if it’s not sweet enough for you. Pour into a cup or mason jar. Enjoy immediately, or store in fridge for up to 24 hours.