This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This recipe for Garlic Roasted Potatoes is a true family favorite! They are deliciously crispy on the outside and perfectly soft and tender on the inside. When I’m looking for an easy potato side dish, especially for a crowd, this is my go-to recipe.
Potatoes are such party pleasers! Roast them in the oven for a crispy-on-the-outside, tender-on-the-inside texture and your dinner party guests will be beyond pleased! They pair wonderfully with any type of roasted vegetable too! This Garlic Roasted Potato recipe is my go-to side dish when I’m having a dinner party at my house. It will soon become your favorite easy potato side dish!
These roasted red skin potatoes potatoes are the perfect side to serve at Thanksgiving or Christmas or as a side for an easy weeknight dinner. They pair perfectly with my Easy Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe, Honey Lemon Salmon, Grilled Lemon Chicken or Sheet Pan Cod.
RECIPE VIDEO TUTORIAL
How to make garlic parmesan roasted potatoes
To make these potatoes, you can use any potatoes of choice, but I love using red skin potatoes and keeping the skin on them. Wash the potatoes well, dry them and then cut them into quarters and place them right in your baking dish.
Then just toss them with olive oil, lots of minced garlic, grated Parmesan cheese and dried thyme (or Italian seasoning works really well) and they’ll be ready for the oven.
Give a a good stir halfway through the roasting point to make sure all the sides get that crisp factor. Then you can pair this easy side dish with anything you’d like, or just dip them in some ketchup and call it dinner if you want!
Tips for making garlic roasted potatoes
- Opt for best roasting potatoes like Yukon gold or red skin potatoes. That’s because their skin is thin, they’re not waxy and they’re not too starchy.
- Heat the pan before placing the potatoes on it. To make it easy, just place the pan in the oven while the oven is preheating. This way the potatoes hit a sizzling pan, which helps get a crispy texture.
- Leave space between the potatoes. Don’t over-crowd the pan, but instead try to keep them in a single layer to allow these garlic roasted potatoes to roast evenly and perfectly.
- Don’t flip until the potatoes are golden brown on one side. This helps to make sure they’re golden all around without flipping them too often and risking them getting poked and damaged in the flipping process.
Frequently asked questions
Can you make garlic roasted potatoes ahead of time?
You can totally prep these garlic roasted potatoes in advance and have them ready to be roasted 30 minutes before dinner time, just so you can tempg everyone with that savory garlicky cheesy smell oozing from the piping hot oven!
How do you keep roasted potatoes from being soggy?
It’s best to serve these roast potatoes straight away, but if you do need to keep them warm, do not cover them, this can cause them to lose their crunch. If you need to reheat them before serving, re-roast them in a hot oven for 10 minutes until crisp.
What are the best potatoes to roast?
My go-to potatoes for this recipe are red skin potatoes. Roasted red skin potatoes have such a beautiful presentation and they get nice and crisp on the outside. Yukon golds are also an excellent choice and will actually give an even more crisp texture.
For more potato recipes:
- Air Fryer Potatoes
- Healthy Mashed Potatoes
- Cheesy Gouda Scalloped Potatoes
- Rosemary Garlic Smashed Potatoes
- Lebanese Spicy Potatoes
- Oven Baked French Fries
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Twice Baked Potatoes
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Garlic Roasted Potatoes recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
This Garlic Roasted Potatoes recipe was originally published on April 15, 2017. I’m re-publishing it with step-by-step photos, and a video showing how to make the recipe. Here’s the original photo!
Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Toss the potatoes in the baking dish with the olive oil, minced garlic, parmesan cheese and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400°F until potatoes are golden brown and look crisp on the outside, about 45-55 minutes, tossing once at the halfway point.
- Garnish with parsley if desired, and serve warm
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.