This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
The shelves at the grocery stores at stacked with so much squash, and roasting it in the oven until it’s bubbly and caramelized just gives me the warm fuzzies when eating a salad, which can sometimes get boring without enough pizzazz. Enter this Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad.
This salad is as easy as tossing together roasted squash, massaged kale, quinoa, feta cheese and pomegranate. The most time consuming part would be cutting up the butternut squash. But when it’s warm, caramelized and tender, it really adds something special to this quinoa salad
Look at this beauty! It’s rich with colors, flavors and nutrition and it’s a total winner for Thanksgiving dinner. Let’s be honest, it’ll probably be the healthiest thing on the table that night, but at least you can feel good that your healthy contribution is also beautiful and amazingly delicious!
The other benefit of this salad is that it holds up really well the next day, unlike other salads with spinach or lettuce which might wilt. The kale will suck up all that moisture and won’t get soggy for at least 2-3 days. I hope you make one of the three salads for your Thanksgiving meal. Realistically, healthy is not the main focus of the event, but it can be the main focus of this modern foodie-approved butternut squash quinoa salad.
For more fall salads:
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad
For the Salad
- Preheat the oven to 400°F degrees, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the butternut squash onto the prepared baking sheet and drizzle olive oil on top. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread the squash into an even layer and roast until they soften and begin to caramelize, 30-35 minutes. Set aside to cool while preparing the rest of the salad.
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together the salad dressing ingredients. Add the chopped kale on top of the dressing, and use your hands to massage the dressing into the kale to tenderize them.
- Add the quinoa and cooled butternut squash on top of the kale and dressing and toss carefully to combine.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds and crumbled feta cheese on top and serve at room temperature or allow to cool in the fridge.