An alternative to classic Caesar salad, this easy vegetarian Brussel Sprout Salad is tossed in a Caesar dressing and topped with crispy homemade croutons!
Brussel Sprout Caesar Salad is a modern twist on classic caesar salad made with shaved Brussel sprouts instead of romaine lettuce. It’s still topped with crunchy salty home croutons along with shaved parmesan cheese and an easy homemade dressing. It’s a fun variation you can make if you want to skip the lettuce!
Brussel Sprout Salad is popular salad during the fall and winter months when leafy greens are not very much in season. I’ve made a Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad thats simple and versatile, and now this Caesar Salad inspired salad. And if you’re looking for warmer Brussel sprout recipe, you have to check out my Pan Roasted Brussel Sprouts and my Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts.
Ingredients to Make Brussel Sprout Salad:
- 1 pound bag of fresh brussel sprouts
- Crusty day-old bread like sourdough or french baguette
- Parmesan cheese – in the spirit of this caesar inspired salad
- A few pantry items for the Caesar dressing: olive oil, mayo, dijon mustard, Worcester sauce and garlic
How to Make Brussel Sprout Salad
Make the dressing
Throw all the dressing ingredients in small food processor or blender and give it a whirl! It has such a bomb flavor with the pungent garlic, the creamy vegan mayo and the tangy Dijon mustard. I love using my Cuisinart Smart Stick hand blender for making dressings. It’s quick and easy and gets me the perfect consistency, without any chunks of garlic leftover.
Make the croutons
As much as I love that Caesar dressing for this Brussel sprout salad, I think the homemade croutons are really what make it special. I think they’re the best homemade croutons ever, and I make them all the time for my soups and salads. I have never bought croutons for my house because it’s so easy to make your own, and the flavor is way better!
You can bake the croutons or fry them. The fried ones taste better because they absorb all that rich olive oil into the bread! The croutons get nice and crunchy on the outside but stay chewy on the inside. They truly make the salad stand out!
Assemble the Brussel sprout salad
To prepare the Brussel sprouts, trim the ends, cut them in half lengthwise and then thinly slice with a sharp knife. It’s a little tedious, but oddly therapeutic. You can also find buy shaved brussel sprouts and save yourself the food chopping therapy.
So you have the thinly sliced Brussel sprouts, the dressing the croutons, along with some good aged parmesan cheese. Now it’s just about assembling it all together and devouring it!
This is one of my favorite salads ever!
- Light and delicate brussel sprout
- Crunchy croutons
- Tangy dressing
- and sharp Parmesan cheese to pull it all together.
- Add some chicken to make it an entree salad, or just enjoy it as is!
For More Salads:
- Tomato Avocado Cucumber Salad
- Fall Harvest Salad
- Asian Chicken Salad
- Shrimp Avocado Salad
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Brussel Sprout Salad recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Brussel Sprout Salad
- 1 pound fresh brussel sprouts
- 1/4 cup Caesar dressing see below
- 6-8 slices sourdough bread or other crusty bread
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup avocado mayonnaise dairy-free
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcester sauce
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- To prepare the brussel sprouts, you can use a mandolin to thinly slice them, or you can cut them in half lengthwise and then hold by stem end and cut very thin slices. Toss with your hands or tongs in a bowl to separate the leaves.
- To make the salad dressing, whisk the ingredients together in a bowl until well incorporated. I also like to use my mini blender which blends the garlic well.
- To make the croutons, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the cubed bread, season with salt, pepper and garlic powder, and fry in the pan until golden brown and crunchy. Set aside.
- To assemble the salad, divide brussel sprout into bowls, top with dressing, croutons and shaved Parmesan cheese.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.