This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cooking salmon in an air fryer results in the most tender, succulent and delicious piece of fish, and it’s so quick and easy too! This low carb, low calorie salmon recipe takes 10 minutes to make and is perfect as part of an easy weeknight meal. The air fryer browns the fish wonderfully and the result is like restaurant quality seafood!
I love using my air fryer. It’s just so simple to use, and I can’t tell you how delicious this salmon came out! It’s perfect for easy family meals when time is not on your side! If you love your air fryer as much I love mine, be sure to try my Breaded Air Fryer Chicken, Air Fryer Potatoes and Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs.
How to make air fryer salmon
Cut the salmon fillets into even sizes and pre heat your air fryer. You can also purchase them already pre-cut into the fillets. You can remove the skin if you’d like, but it’s not necessary to do so.
Season each fillet with garlic, paprika, salt and pepper and drizzle a little olive oil on top. The paprika really gives the salmon a beautiful browned color when cooked, so I love adding it to salmon. Make sure to rub the spices in for best flavor, and then place the salmon in the air fryer.
Depending on the thickness of the salmon and the exact air fryer you have, the time could range. But on average, expect the air fryer salmon to be cooked within 7-9 minutes – that’s it! You’ll know it’s ready when it flakes off easily. Then you’re ready to serve it.
What do you serve with fried salmon
- Salad: A fresh salad is a great accompaniment to a piece of this perfect air fryer salmon. Try it on top of Corn Tomato Avocado Salad or Cauliflower Tabbouleh Salad for a well balanced meal.
- Grains: Rice, couscous, barley and farro all make excellent accompaniments to salmon for a filling meal. Try it with Lebanese Rice, Mediterranean Couscous Salad or Turmeric Rice Salad.
- Vegetables: Bonus for this option because you can make whatever vegetable you’re serving with the salmon right in the air fryer. It’s great with Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice and Green Beans with Almonds. I opted for simple green beans and they’re ready within 2-4 minutes!
Tips for making salmon in the air fryer
- Make sure the salmon fillets are comparable thickness. This will ensure that they all cook evenly at the same time. Depending on the size of the air fryer, you may have to cook them in batches. Then you can cook the thicker ones together if necessary.
- Check for desired doneness with a fork. When it comes to air fryers, the time needed to cook the salmon will depend on the thickness of the salmon pieces and the model of air fryer you are using. The best way to check is with a fork to see if it flakes off easily.
- Pre heat your air fryer before adding the seasoned salmon. I recommend doing this in order to allow the salmon to cook evenly. This speeds up the cooking time and gives a more crisped edge to the salmon.
- Don’t over crowd your basket. If you do so, you risk the salmon not being crispy because the moisture from the salmon fillets touching each other can affect the hot air circulating around the salmon rapidly. Air fry the salmon in two batches if necessary.
Frequently asked questions
What air fryer is the best?
There are so many great air fryers on the market. I have tested only two of them based on reviews and I’m currently using and loving the Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer and the Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer with ClearCook (Amazon affiliate links).
Why cook salmon in an air fryer?
Honestly, this is the most succulent salmon and it is really cooked to perfection! It’s so easy to throw together and clean-up is a breeze. I love that it’s hands off so you can prepare the rest of your meal without worrying about flipping the salmon or splattering oil. Also, it’s healthier than shallow frying the fish, and the results really do speak for themselves!
Does air fried salmon keep?
Air fryer salmon is a great option for meal prep, you can easily add it to salads and grains for easy and quick lunches and dinners. It will keep well in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the pieces of cooked salmon for up to 3 months, just thaw in the fridge overnight and then warm until heated through.
For more air fryer recipes:
- Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Air Fryer Chicken
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Potatoes
- Fried Shrimp
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Fish and Chips
For more tasty fish recipes:
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Coleslaw
- Panko Crusted Salmon with Asparagus
- Sheet Pan Cod
- Salmon Burgers
- Grilled Salmon with Citrus Salsa
- Simple Seared Salmon
I really can’t wait for you guys to try this recipe! My whole family loved this delicious meal and it is just so quick and easy! It’s the perfect easy weeknight meal and another great use for your air fryer.
If you’ve tried this healthy Air Fryer Salmon recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Air Fryer Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets 6 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Tartar sauce for serving
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Rub each fillet with olive oil and season with garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Place the salmon in the air fryer and air fry for 7-9 minutes, depending on this thickness of the salmon. Please note, time may vary between air fryers.
- Open basket and check for desired doneness with a fork. You can return the salmon for another 1 or 2 minutes as necessary.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.
This looks wonderful! What if using frozen salmon?
You’ll want to let the salmon thaw first, I have not tried this recipe going from freezer to air fryer. If you do try it with frozen salmon you’ll have to let me know how it turned out!
This will be my go-to method for cooking salmon now. It turned out great!
So glad you like the salmon, Robbie!
See All Comments