This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Casserole is a always a favorite and the Eggplant Pasta Casserole is one hearty rich recipe that everyone will love – even those who dislike eggplant! It’s a cheesy vegetarian meal that is sure to please the whole family!
ingredients to make the recipe
how to make eggplant pasta casserole
roast the eggplant
assemble the casserole & bake
For more eggplant recipes:
More casserole recipes:
If you try this healthy-ish feel good Eggplant Pasta Casserole recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
Eggplant Pasta Casserole
- 2 medium eggplants cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 1 28-ounce jar marinara
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan plus more for serving
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves torn, plus additional for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the eggplant, olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and black pepper in the prepared sheet pan. Roast for 20 minutes, then flip halfway through, add the onions, garlic, crushed red pepper and return to the oven until the eggplant is golden brown and caramelized, 15 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil and cook pasta until barely al dente. Reserve 1 ½ cups pasta cooking water, then drain and rinse pasta under cold water.
- Transfer the pasta to a 9×13 baking dish. Add marinara and stir as much reserved pasta cooking water as needed until the sauce is glossy.
- When the eggplant is done cooking, transfer it on top of the pasta. Fold in the Parmesan cheese, 1 cup mozzarella and 1 cup basil. Top with remaining 2 cups mozzarella.
- Lower the oven temperature to 375°F and bake until the sauce is bubbling on the sides and the cheese is melted, about 25 minutes. Top with more grated parmesan and torn fresh basil to serve.