It’s eggplant Parmesan like you’ve never had it before…grilled without the guilt! And of course, you can still have all the cheese that you please. This Low-Carb Grilled Eggplant Parmesan makes for a wonderful appetizer or side dish if you have guests coming over and need an idea to serve with lasagna or spaghetti or other traditional Italian foods. I know I always have that problem when I invite people over…I can think of the main entree but pairing the perfect side dishes can be tough. These are perfect for such an occasion, and you can enjoy them next to any pasta you might be serving or just on a bed of lettuce or mixed greens as I’ve done. And if it’s the summertime, grill these babies outside for an even better tasting experience!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
Low-Carb Grilled Eggplant Parmesan
- 1 large eggplant cut into 1/4 inch thick circular slices
- 2 large tomatoes sliced save the ends for another dish
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Bed of greens for serving
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sprinkle salt on both sides of eggplant slices and let sit for 10 minutes, then dab the eggplant with a paper towel to absorb any moisture
- Rub olive oil on eggplant slices and place in oven at 425F for 15 minutes flipping halfway through.
- Remove eggplant from oven and top with tomato slices, cheese and seasoning. Return to the oven for about 5 more minutes until the cheese melts.
- Enjoy on top of salad or with pasta