Veggie Stuffed Omelette that sets a fire to your morning with a protein-rich meal that will keep you stuffed and satisfied
This Veggie Stuffed Omelette is a classic omelette but stuffed with an array of delicious flavors. The amount of prep this involves is not enormous, but it does ask you to do a bit of chopping. This is something to consider as you begin to plan breakfast. High in fiber and amazingly flavorful, this is a dish to save for a morning or meal that you can really enjoy the experience.
Eggs, as we know, are a fantastic source of affordable protein. Use the best eggs you can afford, and the freshest, it really does make a difference in this veggie stuffed omelette. They deliver a nice amount of B2, vitamin D, selenium and minerals when they are of the utmost quality, so it pays to invest in good eggs. Red potatoes must always have their skins left on as this gives the highest amount of fiber. They are also dense in B vitamins and potassium.
Red onions are just as nutrient dense as other onions and contain a lot of folate, magnesium and vitamins B-6, C and K. Here they give that unmistakable flavor and work well with the spices and the red bell peppers. These are high in capsaicin, a natural antioxidant, as well as vitamin C. The Mexican squash or summer squash brings a lot of vitamin C, too. It is also high in magnesium, fiber and folate. No matter what variety of mushrooms you choose, you can count on them as an ideal source of selenium. This is an antioxidant and mushrooms are also a surprising source for protein and vitamin C.
Colorful and packed with flavor, this is a special way to serve eggs at breakfast or even for a fun and festive dinner.
More egg recipes:
Veggie Stuffed Omelette
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp jalapeño garlic olive oil divided (store-bought)
- 1 small red potato peeled & chopped
- 1 tbsp red onions chopped
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp red bell peppers chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Mexican squash chopped
- 2-3 tbsp mushrooms chopped
- Garnished with arugula cherry tomatoes, parsley & Parmesan cheese
- Beat 2 eggs with a fork and fry with 1 tbsp jalapeño garlic olive oil, set aside flat on a plate
- In the same pan, heat the remaining olive oil, add the potatoes, onions, coriander, chilil powder, salt and pepper, and cook until potatoes soften.
- Add the bell peppers, squash and mushrooms to the potatoes and onions mixture, and cook for a few extra minutes until everything is well incorporated.
- Scoop the vegetables mixture on top of the open-faced omelette, fold and add garnish.
- Enjoy immediately