This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Crispy, cheesy, and so easy to make, these air fryer zucchini chips are a breeze to make. Served with an amazing dill and garlic sour cream dip, these breaded parmesan zucchini chips make for a delicious appetizer or snack.
Table of Contents
If you’re a fan of zucchini like me and you haven’t tried making zucchini chips in the air fryer – you’ve been missing out! It’s such an easy way to make a healthy version of traditional potato chips without all of the extra oil and fat from deep frying. Plus, it only takes about 15 minutes!
Why You’ll Love these Air Fried Zucchini Chips
- So good even your kids will eat them. If you struggle to get your kids to eat veggies, you’ve got to try this recipe. The crunchy outside and the slightly chewy interior make these zucchini chips irresistible.
- Perfectly crispy every time. The air fryer is perfect for making crunchy snacks, and you don’t have to worry about grease-soaked breading.
- A different way to use zucchini. If you’ve made your fill of boats, soups, breads, and casseroles with zucchini, this is a great way to use up the extra produce in your refrigerator.
Ingredients & substitutions
- Zucchini: Use large zucchinis and cut them into slices, about ¼ inch thick. As they cook, they will get thinner.
- Egg and milk: Each zucchini round is dipped into beaten egg and milk so that the panko breadcrumb mixture clings to the surface.
- Flour: You can use all-purpose flour, or any gluten-free flour will also work well in this recipe.
- Parmesan: Use freshly grated parmesan rather than pre-grated. Fresh will have a better flavor and a less dry and gritty texture. Use a rennet-free parmesan to make these chips vegetarian.
- Seasonings: Garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- For the dip: Sour cream, parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, dill, salt, and pepper.
RECIPE VIDEO TUTORIAL
How to make zucchini chips In the Air Fryer
- Slice the zucchini and dip each round in the flour, milk, and egg mixture, and then the panko breadcrumb mix to fully coat.
- Place the breaded zucchini in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook, flipping halfway until golden brown and crispy.
Tips for Making The Best air fryer zucchini
- Pulse the panko breadcrumbs to make them finer. It’s easier for the panko to stick to the small zucchini slices when they’re finer. This is optional, though.
- Preheat your air fryer before placing the zucchini in the basket to cook. This will help the chips cook evenly through. If you don’t have a preheat function on your air fryer, set it to run at 400F for 5 minutes while you are dredging the zucchini.
- Place the zucchini in a single layer. If you place them overlapping, they won’t crisp up, and the parmesan panko coating may fall off when you flip them. Cook in batches if needed.
- Different air fryer models can vary in times and temperatures required for this recipe. These were perfect after 8 minutes in the air fryer shown, but adjust your cooking times if required until golden brown and crispy.
Frequently asked questions
These are best served as soon as they are cooked, as after a bit of time, they can lose their crunch. However, you can quickly and easily reheat them to get them nice and crispy again. Just pop them in your air fryer at 400F for 2 to 3 minutes to serve. Cooked zucchini chips will keep well for around 4 days in an airtight container.
There’s no need to remove the zucchini skin to make these chips. They add more flavor as well as nutrients, and not to mention a fun pop of color.
These zucchini chips are so quick to make in the air fryer and a much healthier option than deep frying in oil. This is one snack you can feel good about!
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- Breaded Air Fryer Chicken
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Air Fryer Potatoes
- Air Fryer Tofu
- Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Baked Potato
- Air Fryer Popcorn
If you try this healthy-ish feel good Air Fryer Zucchini Chips recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
For the Chips
- Add the flour to a small, shallow bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the milk and egg and whisk until fully combined.
- In a third bowl, combine the panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Dip each zucchini slice into the flour, followed by the egg mixture, and then the bread crumb mixture, pressing gently to coat.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Add the zucchini to the basket in a single layer and cook at 400°F for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Make the dip. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the sour cream and parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with the zucchini chips.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.