This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Air Fryer Hamburgers are so juicy and delicious that you may never go back to grilling again! The best part – they are so easy to make! All you need is some ground beef, a little seasoning, and your air fryer.
Do you love hamburgers? If so, then you’re going to love this easy air fryer ground beef hamburger recipe! This recipe is simple and straightforward, and it results in delicious, juicy burgers every time. Plus, using an air fryer to cook your burgers means that they will be healthier than if you cooked them on a traditional grill. Let’s get to it!
why you’ll love these air fryer hamburger patties
- Easy cleanup. All you need is a large bowl and your air fryer to make these hamburgers. You can form the burger patties and transfer them directly to the air fryer basket and cook.
- They’re juicy. Juicy burgers are the best, and these air fryer hamburgers do not disappoint. The key to getting juicy burgers is to not overwork the meat when you’re forming the patties. Be gentle!
- They’re fast. These burgers cook up in just a few minutes in the air fryer. So if you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal, this is it!
- They cook evenly. Whether you like your burgers rare, medium, or well-done, the air fryer will cook them evenly throughout. No more worry about undercooked or overcooked burgers!
Ingredients to make air fryer burgers
- Ground beef: In order to keep your burger moist and juicy, you need to use ground beef that has a decent amount of fat. I like 80% ground beef. It’s the perfect ratio of meat to fat for burgers.
- Seasoning: I like to use salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika for seasoning my burgers. I find that this combination of seasonings really gives the burgers a lot of flavors. If you want to mix things up, feel free to use your favorite burger seasoning blend.
- Worcestershire sauce: This condiment adds a lot of depth of flavor to burgers. If you don’t have any on hand, you can leave it out.
- Buns: For this recipe, I used brioche buns, but you can use any type of bun that you like.
While you can use any toppings of choice, what you see here is my Greek Yogurt Coleslaw. It is a light, refreshing coleslaw made with simple Greek yogurt dressing that will have you turning your back on mayo-based coleslaw forever. Another option is this crunchy red cabbage slaw!
How to make hamburgers in the air fryer
Making air fryer burgers is really simple, and the steps couldn’t be easier to follow!
Season the beef
- Place the ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl.
- Using your hands, mix together the ingredients until fully combined. Form four patties.
- Place the patties in the air fryer basket in a single layer with space between each patty and air fry.
- Cook until the internal temp reaches well done.
Tips for making the best air fryer burgers
- Be careful not to over-mix the burger mixture. Everything should be just combined. If you over-mix, the burgers can become tough and chewy.
- Make an indent in the center of each patty. This will help the burgers to cook evenly and will prevent shrinkage.
- Don’t worry about flipping the burgers. Because the heat in the air fryer is coming from top and bottom and the cooking time is so short, I find there’s no need to flip the burgers using this method.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. This will result in uneven cooking. If you need to cook the burgers in batches, that’s fine. Just cook them for the same amount of time and keep an eye on them, so they don’t overcook. To keep them warm, you can preheat your oven to 225°F and add them to a sheet tray as each batch is ready.
popular substitutions & additions
- Change up the protein. Ground chicken, turkey, or even veggie burgers would work great in this recipe.
- Add cheese. If you’re a fan of cheeseburgers, feel free to add a slice of cheese to each burger patty during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Use lettuce instead of buns. If you are trying to go low-carb or keto, you can ditch the buns and serve these air fryer burgers on a bed of lettuce.
what to serve with your Hamburgers
- Toppings – yogurt coleslaw, pickled onions, or grilled tomatoes.
- Condiments –homemade mayonnaise or aioli.
- Fries – crispy potato wedges, sweet potato fries, butternut fries, or roasted zucchini fries.
- Side dishes – veggie macaroni salad, dill cucumber salad, or kale farro salad.
how to store & reheat hamburgers
These burgers are best served fresh, but if you have leftovers, they can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. When you’re ready to eat them, simply reheat them in the air fryer for a few minutes until warmed through. You can also reheat them in the oven or on the stovetop.
how long will cooked hamburger patties last in the fridge?
Cooked hamburger patties will last in the fridge for up to four days.
can i freeze air fryer hamburger patties?
Yes! To freeze, place the cooked patties on a baking sheet and pop them in the freezer. Once they are frozen, transfer them to a freezer-safe bag or container. When you’re ready to eat them, thaw overnight in the fridge and then reheat in the air fryer until warmed through.
Frequently asked questions
No, you don’t need to sear the burgers before cooking them in the air fryer. The air fryer will create that delicious brown crust for you.
Yes! If you don’t have an air fryer, you can cook the burgers in a skillet on the stovetop. Just heat a little oil in the pan over medium-high heat and cook the burgers for about three minutes per side, or until browned and cooked through.
The internal temperature of a safe-to-eat, cooked hamburger should be 160°F, which is well done. If you are using a higher cut of meat like ground sirloin and prefer your burger with some color, here are the temps to look for:
Rare: 120 to 125
Medium Rare: 130 to 135
Medium Well: 150 to 155
Well Done: 160 to 165
That’s it! So, whether you’re using an air fryer or cooking them on the stovetop, these easy hamburger patties are sure to be a hit with your family. Serve them up with your favorite toppings and sides, and enjoy!
More Air Fryer recipes:
- Juicy Air Fried Steak
- Baked Potato in the Air Fryer
- Mixed Vegetables
- Easy Air Fryer Chicken
- Air Fried Green Beans
- Crispy Zucchini Chips
- Pasta Chips
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Tots
- Air Fryer Fish & Chips
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
If you try this feel good Air Fryer Hamburgers recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Place the ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix together the ingredients until fully combined. Form into 4 patties, about ¼ inch thick.
- Place the patties in the air fryer basket in a single layer with space between each patty and air fry at 375°F for 5 minutes, until the internal temperature of the beef reaches 160°F.
- Serve on a bun and garnish with your favorite burger toppings (Coleslaw Recipe).
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.