This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pasta chips are the latest TikTok sensation made with cooked pasta that’s tossed with olive oil, parmesan cheese and spices and then air fried until crispy! They come out so crunchy, perfect for dipping with your favorite sauce for a fun appetizer idea!
Ingredients & substitutions
- Pasta: You can use any pasta of choice. Think of something long and large that you can grab with your fingers and dip. Rigatoni, bowtie and penne are popular choices.
- Olive oil: After cooking the pasta, you’ll want to toss it in just a tablespoon of olive oil to help the pasta chips get crispy in the air fryer.
- Parmesan cheese: While this is optional, the cheese adds great flavor and gets crispy in the air fryer as well. You can think about about soft cheeses that grate well like Gouda or fontina.
- Spices: You can use any spices you’d like. For an Italian inspired flavor, try garlic powder and Italian seasoning or oregano.
- Dip ingredients: Crumbled feta cheese, Greek yogurt, garlic and olive oil. You can swap with any other dip you’d like!
RECIPE VIDEO TUTORIAL
How to make pasta chips
- Cook that pasta al dente in a pot of heavily salted water.
- Drain the pasta and transfer it to a large mixing bowl or back into the pot.
- Add olive oil, parmesan cheese and the spices you’re using.
- Toss well to combine to make sure the pasta is coated with the oil, cheese and spices.
- Air fry until golden and crispy, shaking the basket a few times.
- Remove from the air fryer and allow to cool slightly before enjoying!
How to make the whipped feta dip
- Add the feta cheese, greek yogurt and garlic to a food processor or blender.
- Blend until it’s smooth and creamy without any lumps.
Tips for making the recipe
- Cook the pasta al dente. Make sure to not fully cook the pasta and err on the side of al dente since the pasta will continue cooking in the air fryer.
- Don’t use too much oil. The beauty of these air fryer pasta chips is that they don’t need a lot of oil. 1 teaspoon or up to 1 tablespoon is plenty and will make them perfectly crispy!
- Cook the pasta in batches. Depending on the size of the air fryer basket, you may need to separate the pasta into two batches to avoid overcrowding, which can affect the results.
- Shake the air fryer basket a few times. While cooking the pasta chips, make sure to shake the basket to allow all the surface areas to get crispy.
Frequently asked questions
If you turn on your convection oven, you can bake the pasta chips at 400°F for 20-25 minutes. They won’t come out as crisp but they will still work.
While they may look like raw pasta, they are very different since they’re cooked first and then crisped in the air fryer. They have a great flavor and texture.
Think of using something that has a long or thick surface area that is easy to grab like a potato chip. Some popular options are rigatoni, bowtie pasta and penne pasta
Yes, this will will work with gluten-free pasta. Just be sure that you cook the pasta al dente so that it doesn’t get too soft.
If you’re looking for a fun new appetizer idea to try this summer, you have to give these pasta chips a try. It’s such a versatile recipe that you can make with many pastas, different seasonings and any spices! They’re crunchy, salty, and perfect for dipping!
More appetizer ideas:
- 7 Layer Mediterranean Dip
- Oven Baked Potato Chips
- Pita Chips
- Baked Kale Chips
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Stuffed Dates
- Spanakopita Triangles
- Creamy Feta Dip
If you try this healthy-ish feel good Pasta Chips recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
For the Pasta Chips
For the Whipped Feta Dip
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Cook pasta al dente according to package directions and drain.
- Toss the pasta with olive oil, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Air fry at 400°F for 12-15 minutes, tossing a couple times.
- Make the Dip. Add crumbled feta to a food processor and pulse to create small crumbs. Add in Greek yogurt and garlic and blend while streaming in the olive oil until the feta is creamy, 4-5 minutes, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Serve the pasta chips with the whipped feta dip.