Heirloom Tomato Caprese Salad
I cannot resist making a caprese salad when I find such yummy heirloom tomatoes! Heirloom tomatoes can have unique shapes and colors, including purple, yellow, white, orange, pink, red, green, black, and even striped!
- 1 dozen heirloom tomatoes sliced in half
- ½ pound fresh mozzarella, diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tbsp honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Add the tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and oregano and toss everything together to coat.
- Serve as is or with toasted sourdough bread
Try it, Love it, Share it!