Sweet Sunshine SmoothieJump To Recipe
- Serves: 1 servings
The sweet sunshine smoothie is made purely with fresh fruits including mango, banana, kiwi, oranges and freshly squeezed orange juice. It's loaded with Vitamin C to give you a boost of energy to kick off the day or re-energize in the middle of the day. It's in low in fat, vegan and super easy to whip up!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Sweet Sunshine Smoothie
The weather we had over winter break was excruciatingly bitter! The bomb cyclone winter storm had us in single digit temperature for two weeks. I don’t think I ever remember being so cold in my life. So, I consumed a lot of hot chocolate, honestly…ok it was vegan hot chocolate made with cashew milk, but it was still an indulgent drink that I normally don’t have often. I’m back from vacation mode now and we’re experiencing a bit of Midwest “heat wave” where the temperature is 30 degrees higher than last week…woot woot! (P.S. there’s still snow on the ground). In the midst of our dreary winter, I thought this sweet sunshine smoothie would be perfect to whisk you away to happier sunnier days!
I made this sweet sunshine smoothie purely with fresh fruit! What does that mean? It’s loaded with Vitamin C to give you a boost of energy in the beginning or middle of your day. For me, I usually have my smoothies as my post-workout snack, especially on days where I do cardio. That’s when I feel like I need a big replenishment of carbs in my body. On days when I focus on strength building, I prefer to go for something with more protein, like eggs. Please don’t be afraid of the sugar in this recipe. It’s all from the natural sugar in the fruits, and your body needs that energy early in the day! This is the perfect smoothie recipe that is full of sunshine and a sweet natural taste!
- 1 Banana sliced
- 1/2 cup mango chunks fresh or frozen
- 1 whole kiwi peeled and sliced
- 2-3 slices of oranges
- 1 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Add all ingredients to blender in the order of appearance.
- Blend thoroughly on high speed for 1 minute until the mixture is completely smooth. If it is too thick or not blending well, you can add more water.
- Taste and adjust the flavor as needed, by adding sweetener of choice for added sweetness.
- Serve immediately for best flavor and consistency.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.