This Kale Frittata is a fun breakfast/brunch recipe that is made with eggs, kale, vegetables and almondmilk - it's vegetarian, hearty and very customizable
This Kale Frittata recipe was sponsored by So Delicious Dairy Free. As usual, all opinions are my own 🙂
I saw the funniest meme yesterday. It said “No one goes to Target because they need something. You go to Target and let Target tell you what you need.” So me! And so the reason why I never leave spending less than $150. But seriously, I’ve started buying a lot of groceries and recipe ingredients even at Target.
They recently started carrying So Delicious Dairy Free Organic Almondmilk and it caught my attention because the packaging is brand new and actually made from cane sugar. Plant-based goodness in a plant-based bottle…love the idea! There are only 7 or less simple ingredients in each bottle and it’s all things we can pronounce like almonds, water, cane sugar and sea salt. I love the simplicity of it all, and it makes for a perfect ingredient in cooking, like this Kale Frittata recipe!
Can we just agree that half the pleasure of a frittata is just saying it?! And the pleasure of this Kale Frittata extends beyond the name. It’s hearty, healthy and so filling!
I like to make mine by blending the eggs in a blender with unsweetened almondmilk, salt and pepper. I like to mix the kale with the eggs because it softens the kale and blends it well with the eggs. And then I usually vary the vegetables depending on what I have on hand. If you’d like, you can sautee the vegetables before hand, but I find it’s usually not necessary so they cook well in the oven with the eggs.
Throw it all in a cast iron and into the oven, and you’ve got a big breakfast that can easily feed 6 people!
Add a side of toasted sourdough next to that and I’m one happy camper.
I hope you love this healthy-ish feelgood Kale Frittata recipe. If you make it, please leave me a comment telling me how you like it, or use hashtag #feelgoodfoodie on Instagram so I can see your recreations.
If you like Kale Frittata, check out these other egg recipes:
This blog post was sponsored by So Delicious Dairy Free Organic Almondmilk. Check them out at your local Target store. You already have a Target trip planned in the next 7 days anyways, and you know it.
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 medium potato diced
- 6 oz mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup kale destemmed and cut
- Parsley for serving
- Crushed red pepper for serving
- Tomato slices for serving (optional)
- Onion slices for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, salt and pepper until well combined; set aside.
- In a cast-iron skillet or other oven safe non-stick frying pan, heat the olive oil, then add the onions and potatoes and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes until the vegetables soften.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, thyme and paprika and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the kale and cook until it wilts down.
- Pour the whisked egg mixture over the cast iron and allow to cook for a minute until the eggs begin to set on the edges of the skillet
- Remove the skillet from the stove and bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until the eggs are set in the middle.
- Cool for a few minutes, then garnish with parsley and crushed red pepper (and additional fresh vegetables like tomatoes and onions) if desired, slice into wedges and serve with toast.
- Switch the whole eggs for egg whites.
- Switch out the plan-based almondmilk for regular milk
- Switch out the vegetables depending on what you have on hand