This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Kale Frittata recipe was sponsored by So Delicious Dairy Free. As usual, all opinions are my own 🙂
I saw the funniest meme yesterday. It said “No one goes to Target because they need something. You go to Target and let Target tell you what you need.” So me! And so the reason why I never leave spending less than $150. But seriously, I’ve started buying a lot of groceries and recipe ingredients even at Target.
They recently started carrying So Delicious Dairy Free Organic Almondmilk and it caught my attention because the packaging is brand new and actually made from cane sugar. Plant-based goodness in a plant-based bottle…love the idea! There are only 7 or less simple ingredients in each bottle and it’s all things we can pronounce like almonds, water, cane sugar and sea salt. I love the simplicity of it all, and it makes for a perfect ingredient in cooking, like this Kale Frittata recipe!
Can we just agree that half the pleasure of a frittata is just saying it?! And the pleasure of this Kale Frittata extends beyond the name. It’s hearty, healthy and so filling!
I like to make mine by blending the eggs in a blender with unsweetened almondmilk, salt and pepper. I like to mix the kale with the eggs because it softens the kale and blends it well with the eggs. And then I usually vary the vegetables depending on what I have on hand. If you’d like, you can sautee the vegetables before hand, but I find it’s usually not necessary so they cook well in the oven with the eggs.
Throw it all in a cast iron and into the oven, and you’ve got a big breakfast that can easily feed 6 people!
Add a side of toasted sourdough next to that and I’m one happy camper.
I hope you love this healthy-ish feelgood Kale Frittata recipe. If you make it, please leave me a comment telling me how you like it, or use hashtag #feelgoodfoodie on Instagram so I can see your recreations.
If you like Kale Frittata, check out these other egg recipes:
This blog post was sponsored by So Delicious Dairy Free Organic Almondmilk. Check them out at your local Target store. You already have a Target trip planned in the next 7 days anyways, and you know it.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup packed kale leaves destemmed
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup 2% milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In an oven safe skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the mushrooms, shallots and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and kale and cook until the kale wilts, about 2 more minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour the eggs on top of the vegetables and cook until the edges of the eggs begin to set.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and transfer the skillet to the preheated oven. Cook until the eggs are no longer jiggly in the center and the edges are golden brown, 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle more parmesan cheese and allow the frittata 5 minutes to rest before slicing and serving.
- Switch the whole eggs for egg whites.
- Switch out the vegetables depending on what you have on hand
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.
Delicious and filling.