This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Date Snickers are perfect when craving a candy bar but looking for a treat with more good-for-you ingredients. This date snickers recipe only requires 4 ingredients and is super easy to make. Just split open the dates and stuff them with creamy peanut butter and crunchy chopped nuts, all coated in rich dark chocolate, creating a delicious medley of flavors and textures.
Table of Contents
- Why you’ll love these snickers made with dates
- Ingredients to make these easy homemade date snickers
- How to make date snickers with just 4 ingredients
- Tips to make the best chocolate-covered stuffed dates
- Popular substitutions & additions
- How to store homemade snickers bars
- Frequently asked questions
- More no-bake dessert recipes:
- Date Snickers Recipe
Date snickers are perfect for when you’re craving something sweet, salty, crunchy, and chocolatey. It’s a decadent bite that will leave you saying Mmm – much like the popular candy bar; this treat has it all (minus the refined sugar overload!) Date snickers have gone viral on TikTok for a reason, and I can’t wait for you to try them!
Why you’ll love these snickers made with dates
- They make for a great snack anytime! Whether you need a little boost in the middle of the day or want to indulge in a sweet treat, Date Snickers are the perfect choice to satisfy and energize you.
- Healthier than traditional candy bars. Unlike standard candy bars full of processed sugar and unhealthy additives, Date Snickers use just a handful of simple, wholesome ingredients.
- They’re customizable. You can easily switch up the recipe by using different nuts, chocolate, or nut butter and adding other ingredients like coconut flakes or dried fruit.
Ingredients to make these easy homemade date snickers
- Dates: Use large soft, fresh dates. Medjool dates are some of the best for stuffing because of their large size, and natural caramel-like flavor. Plus, they are both sweet and chewy. If you don’t want to bother removing the pits, you can buy them pitted already.
- Peanut butter: This recipe uses smooth peanut butter, but you could choose crunchy or alternative nut butter like almond, How to Make Cashew Butter, or sunflower.
- Peanuts: I used unsalted roasted peanuts and chopped them small so they can fit inside the dates. I also used them as an additional topping, sprinkling them on top before the chocolate sets. Feel free to switch it up and try any nuts you like!
- Dark chocolate: I use at least 60% cacao for coating treats. It’s smooth, not too sweet, and sets quickly. When you make chocolate-coated dates, you want chocolate with less sugar, so it’s not overwhelmingly sweet.
How to make date snickers with just 4 ingredients
These chocolate-covered stuffed dates are so easy and fun to make! Just a few steps for a delicious treat.
Prepare the Chocolate coating
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in intervals, stirring the chocolate until melted.
- Set aside and reheat as needed to keep the chocolate melted while coating your treats.
Stuff the dates To make the Inside of the snickers
- Use a knife to slit each date lengthwise and remove the pits.
- Fill each date with peanut butter. You can use a spoon or add the peanut butter to a zip-top bag, cut off the tip, and use it like a piping bag to fill the dates.
- Add some crushed nuts to each stuffed date.
- Place a toothpick inside each one, leaving enough to hold on to and keep the date sturdy while dipping.
- Dip each date into the melted chocolate.
- Use a spoon to pour more chocolate over the date to thoroughly coat them and allow the excess to drip back into the bowl.
Finishing Your Date Snickers
- After coating in chocolate, transfer the nut-filled dates to a tray lined with parchment paper and top with remaining chopped nuts.
- Transfer the tray to the fridge and allow them to set.
Tips to make the best chocolate-covered stuffed dates
- Use high-quality dates. Dates are the main ingredient in date Snickers, so using high-quality dates is essential. Look for fresh, plump dates that are still slightly soft. Medjool dates are a popular choice for this recipe.
- Add coconut oil to the chocolate: coconut oil adds many benefits to melted chocolate: it makes melted chocolate more smooth and thinner for dipping; it also gives the chocolate a really shiny coating so it doesn’t look as dull; and it helps the chocolate harden faster.
- Chill before coating with chocolate. This step isn’t necessary, but it makes dipping the stuffed dates in chocolate easier by firming up the ingredients beforehand.
- Let them set up in the fridge. After coating them, pop the tray of candies in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes. This will help the chocolate set quicker. Remember to sprinkle the tops with additional nuts before this step, so they stick to the chocolate.
Popular substitutions & additions
- Use another nut butter. Almond and cashew butter would be a great alternative to peanut butter. You could even try sunflower seed butter!
- Flaky salt. When adding the chopped nuts on top of the chocolate, sprinkle on a small pinch of large salt. This can be used with the nuts or instead of the nuts.
- Shredded coconut. Make your date bars even chewier with unsweetened shredded coconut stuffed inside. Take it one step further by quickly toasting the coconut first. It’ll add a little crunch and a delicious toasty flavor.
- Swap out the nuts. Don’t let the recipe restrict you from trying different variations. These date snickers would also work with chopped almonds, pecans, walnuts, macadamia, or any other nut you like.
- Use milk chocolate. Use a good-quality chocolate bar, and you’re golden. While dark chocolate is my preference, any bar that melts and sets back up will work for coating your candy bar.
How to store homemade snickers bars
Store your peanut butter stuffed dates covered in chocolate in the fridge. As long as the chocolate is hardened, nothing will stick and you can pile them on top of each other.
How long will date snickers last in the fridge?
Chocolate-covered dates can last up to one month when stored correctly in an airtight container in the fridge. Keeping them in the refrigerator is the best way to prevent the chocolate from melting and the dates from getting too soft.
Can I freeze chocolate-covered stuffed dates?
Yes, you can!
To freeze them, place a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and put them in the freezer until firm. Once they are frozen, transfer them to an airtight container or a freezer-safe ziplock bag. Stuffed dates with peanut butter can last up to 3 months in the freezer.
To thaw them, remove the desired number of dates from the freezer and transfer them to the fridge to thaw overnight. Alternatively, let them sit at room temperature for a few minutes until they are soft enough to eat. Remember that the texture may differ slightly after being frozen and thawed, but they should still be delicious!
Frequently asked questions
Yes! This is my version of the trending candy bar made with Medjool dates and peanut butter, though they were already pretty popular.
I love using Lindt and Ghiradelli dark chocolate, but any chocolate bar with at least 60% cacao is good. Some people like to use melting chocolate wafers or chocolate chips, too.
Sure! I’d recommend trying about 1 teaspoon per 4 ounces of dark chocolate. This should add a nice shine to your chocolate and make it a little thinner for an easier coating.
This Date Snickers recipe is a wholesome alternative to the classic Snickers bar that satisfies your sweet tooth without the added sugars and artificial ingredients in traditional candy bars. Whether you enjoy it as a midday snack or after-dinner dessert, the combination of sweetness and crunch makes it a delicious treat for any time of day – perfect for indulging in!
More no-bake dessert recipes:
- Healthy Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
- Simple Chocolate Truffles
- Almond Joy Bars
- Stuffed Dates
- Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- Coconut Date Balls
- Chocolate Coconut Balls
- Pistachio Butter Cups
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
If you try this feel good Date Snickers recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
- 12 medjool dates
- ¼ cup peanut butter divided
- ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts divided
- 4 ounces dark chocolate bar cut into chunks
- Use a small sharp knife to cut a slit in each date lengthwise. Remove the pits.
- Fill each date with 1 teaspoon peanut butter and add 1 teaspoon of crushed peanuts on top. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Place the bowl in the microwave at 30 second intervals. Stir the chocolate in between each 30 seconds until all the chocolate is melted.
- Place a toothpick inside each stuffed date and dip the date in the melted chocolate. Use a spoon to coat the date completely in the chocolate, then allow any excess chocolate to drip off.
- Transfer the chocolate covered date to a tray or plate lined with parchment. Sprinkle the top with the remaining crushed peanuts.
- Place the dates in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.
Thanks for sharing!
You’re so welcome George!
I made these delicious Date Snickers last month and there were very good. They weren’t hard to make and believe me they were a crowd pleaser!
So glad you liked them, Salma!
Taste great. Does remind me of snickers. Now we can have snickers without the overprocessed ingredients.
I can’t stop eating these, they are so good! 10 out of 10!
These are a great substitution to a snicker. Healthier too! I like to call them “A Snickered Date”. As Yumna says, SO GOOD!
So glad you liked them, Kimberly!
These date snickers are the absolute indulgent pretty much guilt free snack ever!…..I made a batch & gave some to a friend to try & she couldn’t believe how amazing they tasted & has passed on the recipe to all her family & friends as well! This is a definite keeper…..I now always have a bowl in my fridge for my desert fix after dinner with my cuppa. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe
So glad you liked them, Merralee!!
Super I have not words to say this Recipe.
Thank you so much, Ravi!
I have a sweet tooth and this is one of my favorite go to snack! Thanks Feel Good Foodie for the receipie.
I made it with Costco’s nut butter, came out super delicious and so easy to make!!
It is so good! So glad you liked them, Jas!
I made these last night and love them! Definitely going to make them again. Thanks for a healthier recipe to satisfy our sweet tooth.
So glad you like them, Susie!
I love the texture and of course the taste!
Thank you so much, Hillary!
I was surprised by the taste 🤩
Thank you so much, Oana!
I saw your video for these a few weeks ago on insta and have been loving your recipes and site ever since! We had a small gathering for Ostara and these were gone so quick. Everyone loved them. We made some with peanut butter and then some with almond butter with shredded coconut on top. Next batch is just for me haha!
LOL love it!
Delicious! These are the perfect snack to satisfy my sweet tooth and so easy to make. Your recipes never fail but this one definitely tops the list!
Thank you so much, Amanda!
I knew as soon as I saw this recipe that I had to make them. They taste exactly like snickers – even better actually! I love the addition of salt on top – you get the perfect bite of salty and sweet. These came together in no time. I will be making these again and again!
So glad you liked them, Nicole!
I will never buy over-processed Snicker bars ever again! They were so delicious and extremely easy to make!! I used walnuts instead of peanuts as it was what I had in the house and 90% cocoa dark chocolate. They were perfect!
Oh yum!!! Thanks so much!
What a satisfying and delicious treat! I used up some leftover dark chocolate from Easter to coat the dates and it worked perfectly. I also used pecans instead of peanuts because they are a favorite in our house. Lightly toasting them gave it all an even nuttier flavor. Yum!
That sounds so good! Love pecans, too!
These were so delicious and so easy to make! Perfect way to satisfy sweet and salty cravings!
So glad you liked the date snickers!
Perfect treat for Ramadan and all year long! Super easy to follow recipe and so many variations to try – thanks for another great monthly challenge recipe
Thank you for making it, Priyanka! Glad you liked them!
Absolutely delicious! I came across this challenge and along with it came your account and all the recipes. Safe to say I’m here to stay ❤️
oh, and yes – these dark chocolate coated dates are BOOOOMMBBB!
Thanks so much, Cristina, and welcome! Can’t wait to hear what you think about my other recipes.
These were easy to make and dangerously delicious! 😋
Thanks so much, Jordan!
PERFECT and great for ramadan
So glad you liked it, Ayat!
These dates were the perfect after dinner treat during Ramadan! Delicious with just enough sweet that you don’t have the desire to eat a whole candy bar.
Thank you so much, Lauren!
100 stars!!!! The entire world needs to know how amazing these are. I added hemp heart seeds to the almond butter, and my entire family loved them.
Love that! Great addition!
Adjusted the recipe with cashew butter and crushed cashews in place of the peanuts!! This was so fun and delicious! Perfect easy and sweet end to any meal! ❤️ Snickers was my favorite growing up and I love anything with dates!!
Love that you used cashew butter. That sounds amazing!
These look delishhhh!
Every single recipe I follow just turns amazing.
I love how are you so precise cooking the food.
Love all of your recipes and a lot of my friends are followings you now after tasting my food one with your recipes.
Thanks a lot Yumna keep going
Thank you so much, Lamees. It really means a lot!!
Loved it!! I used almond butter and sugar free chocolate! So easy and sooooo good! Thanks 🙏🏻
You’re so welcome!
I had so much fun making your versatile recipe for our Easter treats!
I used almond butter, toasted almonds and a sprinkle of cherry blossom salt to celebrate Spring 🌸
Excited to show my family.
Cherry blossom salt?! I love that idea!
Oh my goodness, ridiculously delicious and so easy! Look forward to trying different combinations of flavours.
Thanks so much, Chris!
I made these date sweets (snickers) and they were incredible. The perfect weet treat during Easter!
So glad you liked them, Lara!
Made this to eat for iftar and they were so easy to make. Love them!
So glad you liked them, Tessa!
These were so good! They were better than the snickers and got finished fast! Thanks for the recipe!
So glad you liked them, Raquel!
These are soon dangerously good! I used walnuts instead of peanuts and wow. I ate way too many in one sitting
LOL I agree, they are so good it’s hard to just eat one! Glad you liked them!
Sorry, I meant “sooo” not “soon” – autocorrect. They are so amazing, even my sweet-tooth hubby approved.
I always have trouble with melting chocolate! But the coconut oil hack helped so much in making these. I love that this is a better option for snickers. I also sprinkled some with pistachios, so yum! Thank you!
Oo yes! I love pistachios!
I made these a couple days ago and everyone at church loved them!
So glad they were a hit!
Perfect healthy snack idea!🤩
Thanks so much, Alex!
Thank you for this amazing recipe!! We made these for our company and kiddos and everyone LOVED LOVED LOVED them! We used cocoa powder and pure maple syrup instead of chocolate and everyone had seconds, thirds and fourths! Even our daughter who claimed before she tasted them to not like dates that much. Best when frozen was everyone’s opinion. Yum!!
You’re so welcome! Love the idea of using maple syrup and cocoa powder.
Made these today. Yum!
So glad you liked them, Crystal!
I made these for my boyfriend who loves snickers and he thought these were better than regular snickers! This will definitely be a regular in our household!
Yay! So glad you both liked them!
Made these and now they are our go to snack. Use them instead of granola bars. Best with a cup of coffee.
So glad you liked them, Mona!
I made these with PB powder and pecans, it turned out so good! Make a bunch for the week and eat them everyday. You’ll thank yourself later!
So glad you like them, Ashley!!
I tried this recipe and it’s delicious! I love making these snicker dates during Ramadan.
So glad you enjoyed them, Mona!
My sweet tooth has been raging these past couple of days so I decided to try to take it with a healthier sweet option. These are delicious! So quick and easy. Will definitely be making them again!
They are definitely great at satisfying that sweet tooth!
These were the easiest and most delicious little deserts to make! I’m not a baker so anything easy always welcome! But honestly I made these as a dessert when we had friends over for dinner and they loved them we loved them and super quick and easy to make! Also the Medjool dates are the best to use with this! Love it! Thank you so much!
So happy to hear the were a hit!
I made these & my kids & husband love them so much! It’s perfect for iftar, & after dinner dessert 😉 It’s now a family favorite & I’m going to always have them ready in the fridge since the demand is high! 😀 Thank you for sharing the recipe <3
You’re so welcome! So glad you guys enjoyed them!
These are amazing!!! I love any recipe with dates, especially if it’s my favorite candy bar “Snickers”. Soft and moist with the perfect sweetness and crunch. Not too hard to make. These date candy bars are perfect for an after dinner sweet craving. Thank you for sharing this recipe!!
You’re so welcome! So glad you like them!
I’ve made these many times and they’re bomb!
These were so easy to make and SO delicious! Will definitely make again!
So glad you liked them, Melody!
Got an email saying I won the food processor contest.. was that legit? It said to reply with my address and phone number.
It is! Congratulations!
These are so good! I always have all of the ingredients on hand so we can whip them up for a late night snack!
So glad you liked them, Sarah!
What a creative idea! I can’t wait to try this recipe on my husband who eats mostly unhealthy food! NOW, let’s say, “GOT HIM”!
Lol love that! Hope you both enjoy!