Spinach & Feta Stuffed Chicken
Chicken dinner doesn’t have to be boring! This Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken will have everyone cheering when it’s dinner time. It’s an easy and quick recipe with minimal prep. I served the chicken with a big salad, but it goes really well with rice, potatoes or quinoa.
Adapted from SkinnyTaste
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed & juice squeezed out
- 1/4 cup bella mushrooms (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup ricotta
- 8 thin skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 1 egg, whisked with 1 tbsp of water
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place egg wash in one bowl and breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat the oil, add the onions, garlic and scallions and cook for about 1 minute. Add the spinach, mushrooms parsley and dill. Season with salt and pepper and cook for another 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, and add the feta cheese and ricotta cheese, and mix well.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.Spoon about 1/4 cup of spinach mixture into the chicken and roll, then dip into the egg wash, then into the breadcrumbs and then place chicken seam side down on baking sheet
- Repeat with the remaining chicken
- Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with a side salad, if you desire.