Chicken dinner doesn’t have to be boring! This Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken will have everyone cheering when it’s dinner time. It’s an easy and quick recipe with minimal prep. I served the chicken with a big salad, but it goes really well with rice, potatoes or quinoa.
Adapted from SkinnyTaste
Try it, Love it, Share it!
Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach thawed & juice squeezed out
- 1/4 cup bella mushrooms optional
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup ricotta
- 8 thin skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 1 egg whisked with 1 tbsp of water
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place egg wash in one bowl and breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat the oil, add the onions, garlic and scallions and cook for about 1 minute. Add the spinach, mushrooms parsley and dill. Season with salt and pepper and cook for another 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, and add the feta cheese and ricotta cheese, and mix well.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.Spoon about 1/4 cup of spinach mixture into the chicken and roll, then dip into the egg wash, then into the breadcrumbs and then place chicken seam side down on baking sheet
- Repeat with the remaining chicken
- Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with a side salad, if you desire.