Pomegranate Roasted Chicken Thighs & PotatoesJump To Recipe
- Serves: 4
Pomegranate Roasted Chicken Thighs & Potatoes make the perfect weeknight meal. Marinate the chicken and potatoes in advance and just roast in the oven!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Pomegranate Roasted Chicken Thighs & Potatoes
The first time I ever went shopping in a Middle Eastern store was after I got married and decided to try cooking some Lebanese food. So I bought all the essentials and one of them was Pomegranate molasses because I knew it was used to make Fattoush Salad dressing. I would use it once a month to make the salad and it would literally just sit there in my pantry untouched the rest of the time. Until my mom told me the wonders of adding it to roasted chicken and beyond…yes, beyond!
What is pomegranate molasses? It’s basically the juice from pomegranates that is boiled down and reduced to make a thick intensely flavored syrup that has a sweet and sour flavor. So think of it as a pretty simple ingredient used to add some tanginess to a dish – that’s why it works perfectly as an ingredient in a salad dressing. But it’s also quite wonderful in this Pomegranate Roasted Chicken Thighs & Potatoes dish I made. It gives the recipe a delicious tartness, juicy texture and a beautiful golden color. Grab a bottle of this syrup and give it a try! And p.s. you must report back to me on all your uses for this miracle syrup so I can try them too!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
Hope you try this recipe for this Pomegranate Roasted Chicken Thighs & Potatoes. Please tag me #feelgoodfoodie so I can see all your fabulous recreations on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter!
- 3 Tbsp cup pomegranate molasses
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Worcester sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 chicken thighs/drumsticks
- 3-4 Russet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Chicken
- In a large oven-safe pan, combine the first 9 ingredients and mix well until evenly-blended. Add the chicken and coat in the marinade; cover with aluminum foil and set aside in refrigerator for 2 hours, stirring once or twice. I like to make to even marinade it the night before or the morning of.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 425F and cook the chicken for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the foil, flip the chicken and roast for an additional 15 minutes.
For the Potatoes
- Toss the potatoes with the olive oil and seasoning in a large oven-safe baking dish.
- Bake at 425F until potatoes are golden brown and crisp in places, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with the potatoes and steamed green beans, if you desire