This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Valentine’s Day is less than a week away so get ready for heart-shaped everything, and food is no exception! We have 10 sizes of heart-shaped cookie cutters, so we get a little heart-shaped crazy around here, with heart-shaped french toast, heart-shaped bananas, heart-shaped sandwiches, and of course heart-shaped brownies! Hey, some moms do DIY crafts, I do DIY foods. This is a fun an simple one for the kids to join in on. You can really use any brownie recipe you’d like, cut in heart-shaped and decorate away.
I decided to go a little light this year and adapted a Healthy Valentines Day Heart Brownies recipe that uses greek yogurt, oat flour and coconut oil. I love the healthy swaps from traditional brownie ingredients, and the taste was still rich, chocolately and fudgy!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
Healthy Valentines Day Heart Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder salt & baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, melt the chocolate & coconut oil together in the microwave, and mix well until completely melted.
- To the chocolate coconut mixture, add the cane sugar, Greek yogurt and vanilla extract, and mix. Then mix in the eggs until the batter is completely smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until just incorporated. Then fold in the chocolate chips
- Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. The top should be barely set and the edges should be slightly pulling away from the sides of the pan.
- Place brownie pan on a wire rack to cool, then cut and serve!
- This recipe was adapted from JoyFoodSunshine.com
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.