10 years ago it was all about the white chocolate mocha lattes (well at least for me it was….anyone else??) and now all the buzz is about golden milk turmeric lattes. They’re a cozy delicious alternative to plain coffee and packed with all kinds of health benefits. Basically it’s like warm liquid sunshine in a cup with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a kick of flavor that will give you a nice boost! What’s not to love?!
Benefits of Golden Milk Turmeric:
- Anti-inflammation: thanks to the curcumin in Turmeric! It’s actually compared to anti-inflammatory pharmaceutical drugs!
- Anti-oxidants: goodbye free radicals!
- Anti-depressant: studies showed it was as effective as prozac in decreasing depression symptons…whoa!
With these amazing benefits that can help your health all-around, my mom and I basically throw turmeric on everything! I add it to Chicken Shawarma, use it in my smoothies, and even to desserts like Lemon bars (recipe coming soon!), and of course I use it in my Golden Milk Turmeric Lattes:
To make the latte, all you need is turmeric along with ground ginger, ground cinnamon and cayenne pepper. I like to use 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric per cup of latte and then very small amounts of the other spices so they don’t overpower the flavor. You an play around with the amounts and see what works best of you!
And then you mix them with warmed plant-based milk (or regular milk works too), add a shot of espresso or regular coffee and whisk to combine. I like using a frother if you have one, just because frothy lattes are so cozy, but a whisk works fine! It’s an energizing, nutritious and delicious latte you’ll want to make every morning!
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Golden Milk Turmeric Latte recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
For more recipes with coffee:
Golden Milk Turmeric Latte
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 shot espresso 2 fluid oz
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of cayenne
- Hemp seeds optional
- In a microwave safe mug, heat the almond milk for about 1 minute, or to your desired temperature.
- Add a fresh shot of espresso or concentrated coffee to the warmed almond milk.
- Stir in the honey, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger & cayenne and whisk to combine. You can also use a milk frother, and froth for a couple minutes until you reach your desired froth level.
- Garnish with ground cinnamon and hemp seeds. Enjoy warm!
- Turmeric Sourcing: You can buy turmeric powder at any grocery store or health food stores. There’s no need to make sure it’s organic, but it’s always better if you can opt for organic.
- Storage: You can make a big batch of this in your blender to mix all the flavors together really well. Store in your fridge in an airtight jar for up to 5 days. Then just warm up a portion in the microwave when you’re ready to drink.
- Tools: You can use a blender or whisk to blend the turmeric into the milk. I like using a frother to get that foam on top