Lemon Herb Shrimp Stirfry and Brown Rice PilafJump To Recipe
- Serves: 4 servings
This Lemon Herb Shrimp Stirfry and Brown Rice Pilaf is a twist on Shrimp Scampi without the loads of butter - makes for a well-balanced satisfying meal!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Lemon Herb Shrimp Stirfry and Brown Rice Pilaf
We all love our Shrimp Scampi! But this week, try a lighter shrimp dish that with a similar savory taste that’s equally satisfying without all that butter. This Lemon Herb Shrimp Stirfry and Brown Rice Pilaf uses olive oil, lots of lemon juice and lemon zest with simple herbs that can be dried or fresh. The lemon gives the dish the real zing and keeps it fresh and light! By the way, wanna know how to get the most juice from your lemon? Make sure it’s at room temperature when you’re ready to use it and and roll it under your palm to break down the cells and release the liquid! Impress your spouse with that little trick next time you’re in the kitchen together.
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 1 cup brown rice uncooked
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley divided
- 1 whole yellow onion diced
- 1/4 red pepper diced
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 large garlic clove
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- In a medium pot, heat 1 tbsp olive oil, saute the onions and the red pepper for 1-2 minutes. Add half the parsley and all the brown rice and stir with the onions and red pepper. Add salt to taste and cook the brown rice according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, heat the remaining tbsp of olive oil, add the garlic and the shrimp. Season with salt and pepper, remaining parsley and thyme, and sauté until opaque pink and fully cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest and mix well.
- Serve the shrimp over the brown rice and sprinkly with parsley, if you desire