This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This lemon herb shrimp and rice recipe is the perfect one pan weeknight meal. Easy to make with just a handful of ingredients, this seafood and rice dish is perfect for a tasty meal the whole family will enjoy. Full of veggies and delicious fresh flavors, this is a meal you’ll want to have on repeat
When you are running short on time, but still want to make a healthy, nutritious and filling meal then this could be your answer! Packed full of flavor and healthy ingredients, this is a great recipe to add into your weekly meal rotation!
How to make lemon herb shrimp & rice
marinate the shrimp
cook the rice and shrimp
I love how quickly and easily this dish comes together! It’s a really great option on busy weeknights!
For more shrimp recipes:
- Healthy Shrimp Scampi
- Shrimp Orzo Salad
- Sesame Shrimp and Broccoli
- Shrimp Fried Rice
- Pesto Spaghetti with Shrimp
- Arrabiata Pasta with Shrimp
- Shrimp Cocktail in Avocado Bowls
If you try this feel good Lemon Herb Shrimp and Rice recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
Lemon Herb Shrimp and Rice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 garlic cloves minced divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley divided
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper divided
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 large yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 ½ cup long grain brown rice
- 2 ¼ cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- In a large bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Add shrimp and turn to coat in marinade. Cover and let sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, and cook, stirring, until onion is translucent and garlic is fragrant, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in brown rice, remaining 1 teaspoon salt and remaining ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 40 minutes, or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Working quickly, spoon the shrimp in a single layer on top of the cooked rice and replace the lid. Cook until the shrimp is cooked through and turns opaque in color, 5 more minutes.
- Serve warm with lemon wedges.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.