If you have peanut butter and 10 minutes, you need to make these cookies tonight! These Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies are just the right bite to hit the spot when you’re craving something sweet! They’re loaded with lots of nutritious ingredients that also come together to create that idyllic chewy, creamy and lightly sweet cookie that really satisfies.
Though you can experiment with other nut butters, to get the right consistency and that unmatchable flavor, go with your favorite, smooth peanut butter. Unsweetened and natural are always the thing, and give it a very thorough stir to ensure you get the right amount of natural oils along with the pasty butter.
The peanut butter brings plenty of protein, potassium, magnesium and fiber. The addition of cane and brown sugar is minimal and you’ll enjoy sweetness from the applesauce, which is also one form of leavening in this recipe.
Keep in mind that unsweetened applesauce still has great sweet flavor, lots of fiber and is low in calories. Of course, one of the shining stars of the ingredients is the oat flour. Made of whole oats, it is one of the most digestible ways of consuming high fiber oats. You get to enjoy all the benefits of oats by using this ingredient, remain gluten free, and ingest a high degree of B vitamins, calcium, iron and vitamin E.
If you are craving cookies or a dessert that can be easily portioned, these Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies are a dream come true. Packed with fantastic flavor, they are a great balance of sweet, salty and delicious. It doesn’t hurt that they are also high fiber, protein and incredibly nutrient dense, too.
More peanut butter recipes:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bread
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Dash sea salt
- Blend peanut butter with cane sugar, brown sugar, applesauce and vanilla extract with a hand mixer until well-mixed
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients (oat flour, baking soda, and salt).
- Mix peanut butter mixture with the dry ingredients and form cookie balls. Place on parchment paper and flatten using a fork
- Bake at 350F for 8 minutes or until they turn golden. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from tray.