3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies are quick, easy-to-make & tasty. They're made with peanut butter, egg & sugar so they're naturally flourless & dairy-free
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies are such a classic perfect old-fashioned recipe! They are very easy to make with only three pantry staples and no special equipment. They have a rich peanut butter taste and a chewy texture that’s crisp on the outside.
You an easily tweak the recipe to make it with less sugar, different nut butters and any add-ins you’d like! For only three ingredients, it doesn’t get better than these flourless peanut butter cookies!
How to make 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies
Start by placing the three ingredients together in a bowl. You’ll need 1 cup of peanut butter, 1 egg and 3/4 cup of granulated sugar. You can whisk them with a whisk attachment, paddle attachment, or simply by hand with a fork or spoon. When you’re done mixing, you’ll notice the cookie dough mixture will be soft and moist.
Next, use a small ice cream scooper to scoop the cookie dough into small balls. Place them on the prepared baking sheet a least a couple inches a part.
Flatten the cookies with your hands or the bottom of a glass, then use the back of a fork to press down and create criss-cross lines. That’s the iconic look of 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies, so we gotta represent!
Bake, cool and and grab a cookie or two! They’re soft, sweet and incredibly flavorful!
3 Tips for making 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies
- Customize the peanut butter cookies by adding some chocolate chips, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, an additional egg (for a softer cookie), or a sprinkle of salt on top.
- Don’t use crunchy peanut butter. I’ve tried this, and unfortunately the cookie texture becomes too crumbly. A lot of people will swear by the old fashioned cheap peanut butter jars like Skippy or Jiff. I found that the Maranatha one works well and is made with quality ingredients. What they all have in common though is they are not only made with ground peanuts. So you’re looking for something more smooth.
- Don’t over-bake the cookies. Check on them after 8 minutes, and if the edges start to turn golden, you know they’re done. And keep in mind, these 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies will continue to harden as they cool on the baking sheet.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the best way to store the peanut butter cookies?
I recommend storing them at room temperature in an airtight container. They’ll easily last 5 days. If you want them to stay extra soft, try the bread trick! Basically, if you add a piece of slice bread in the cookie container, it will help the cookies stay chewy since the cookies absorb the moisture from the bread.
Can you freeze peanut butter cookies?
You can freeze the baked cookies for up to 3 months. Place them on a baking sheet in the freezer until they are completely frozen. Then transfer them to freezer bags or an airtight container. To reheat the frozen cookies, bake in a 350°F oven for 5 minutes, or until until warmed through.
Or, you can make the peanut butter cookie dough ahead of time, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and freeze. When ready to bake, allow the dough to thaw in the fridge until you’re ready to form and bake the cookies.
These naturally gluten-free flourless peanut butter cookies couldn’t be easier to make or enjoy! You only need three staple ingredients, which you probably already have. So, I hope you whip up 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies sometime! They’ll satisfy your craving for the rich taste of peanut butter any day. It’s the best cookie for the peanut butter lover in your family!
More cookie recipes:
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Date Cookies
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
If you make this feel good 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter no sugar added
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix peanut butter, sugar, and egg together in a bowl using an electric mixer or spoon, until smooth and creamy. Roll mixture into small balls and arrange on a baking sheet; flatten each with the back of a fork, making a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before moving to a cooling rack for a few more minutes.
- To make it vegan, substitute the egg for a flax egg, which is made by mixing together 1 tablespoon flaxseed with 2 tablespoons water and letting it rest for 5 minutes.
- Instead of peanut butter, you could try these with other nut butters, but they may be more crumbly.