This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies are such a classic perfect old-fashioned recipe! They are very easy to make from scratch with only three pantry staples and no special equipment. They have a rich peanut butter taste and a chewy texture that’s crisp on the outside. These flourless homemade cookies are gluten-free and dairy-free.
These simple three ingredient cookies are so quick and easy to make! Just 10 minutes prep and 10 minutes in the oven, you have a wonderful batch of yummy homemade cookies for the whole family to enjoy!
You an easily tweak the recipe to make it with less sugar, different nut butters and any add-ins you’d like! For only three ingredients, it doesn’t get easier than these flourless peanut butter cookies!
Ingredients and Substitutions
Who would have thought you can make cookies with just three pantry staple ingredients! These cookies are gluten free and oh so delicious!
- Peanut butter: Use smooth peanut butter for the best results. It’s best to avoid natural peanut butter as it doesn’t contain any salt and the cookies tend to spread more and come out slightly crispier.
- Granulated sugar: Granulated sugar not only adds sweetness, but it also helps the cookies brown as the sugar caramelizes.
- Egg: Use fresh eggs. You can check if an egg is fresh placing it in a bowl of water. If it sinks it is good to use. Use free run / organic eggs if possible. You can make these cookies vegan by using a flax egg instead.
How to make 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies
- Start by placing the three ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix together until the cookie dough mixture is soft and moist.
- Scoop the cookie dough into small balls and place them on a lined or greased baking sheet.
- Flatten the cookies with your hands or the bottom of a glass, then use the back of a fork to press down and create criss-cross lines. That’s the iconic look of 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies, so we gotta represent!
- Bake, cool and and grab a cookie or two! They’re soft, sweet and incredibly flavorful!
Tips for making This easy recipe
- Customize the peanut butter cookies by adding some chocolate chips, ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract, an additional egg (for a softer cookie), or a sprinkle of salt on top.
- Don’t use crunchy peanut butter. I’ve tried this, and unfortunately the cookie texture becomes too crumbly. A lot of people will swear by the old fashioned cheap peanut butter jars like Skippy or Jiff. I found that the Maranatha one works well and is made with quality ingredients. What they all have in common though is they are not only made with ground peanuts. So you’re looking for something more smooth.
- Don’t over-bake the cookies. Check on them after 8 minutes, and if the edges start to turn golden, you know they’re done. And keep in mind, these 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies will continue to harden as they cool on the baking sheet.
- You can mix the dough by hand or with an electric or stand mixer. It’s quicker with an electric mixer, but the ingredients come together fairly easily if you do it by hand.
Frequently Asked Questions
I recommend storing them at room temperature in an airtight container. They’ll easily last 5 days. If you want them to stay extra soft, try the bread trick! Basically, if you add a piece of slice bread in the cookie container, it will help the cookies stay chewy since the cookies absorb the moisture from the bread.
You can freeze the baked cookies for up to 3 months. Place them on a baking sheet in the freezer until they are completely frozen. Then transfer them to freezer bags or an airtight container. To reheat the frozen cookies, bake in a 350°F oven for 5 minutes, or until until warmed through.
Or, you can make the peanut butter cookie dough ahead of time, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and freeze. When ready to bake, allow the dough to thaw in the fridge until you’re ready to form and bake the cookies.
These cookies will take around 10 minutes to bake and I like to start checking them at around 8 minutes. They should be firm to the touch and browning at the edges ever so slightly.
These naturally gluten-free flourless peanut butter cookies couldn’t be easier to make or enjoy! You only need three staple ingredients, which you probably already have. So, I hope you whip up 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies sometime! They’ll satisfy your craving for the rich taste of peanut butter any day. It’s the best cookie for the peanut butter lover in your family!
More cookie recipes:
- Soft Ginger Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Lebanese Shortbread Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Date Cookies
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
If you make this feel good 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter no sugar added
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix peanut butter, sugar, and egg together in a bowl using an electric mixer or spoon, until smooth and creamy. Roll mixture into small balls and arrange on a baking sheet; flatten each with the back of a fork, making a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before moving to a cooling rack for a few more minutes.
- To make it vegan, substitute the egg for a flax egg, which is made by mixing together 1 tablespoon flaxseed with 2 tablespoons water and letting it rest for 5 minutes.
- Instead of peanut butter, you could try these with other nut butters, but they may be more crumbly.