This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I absolutely love this Cranberry Mocktail. It’s my go-to when I want something festive but alcohol-free. I mix unsweetened cranberry juice and freshly squeezed orange juice for that perfect balance of tart and sweet. While this cranberry mocktail could be made without simple syrup, I like the touch of extra sweetness. Best part? You can make the cranberry orange base ahead of time and just add the club soda when you’re ready to serve.
Table of Contents
Beautiful and vibrant this cranberry orange mocktail is a refreshing, non-alcoholic option that everyone can enjoy. It’s a hit at holiday gatherings, think Thanksgiving and even Christmas. When it’s time to serve, I add a sprig of mint, and voilà—an effervescent, delicious drink that’s ready for cheers-ing at your next Friendsgiving!
Recipe At a Glance
Cuisine Inspiration: American
Primary Cooking Method: No cooking required
Dietary Info: Gluten-free, Vegetarian
Key Flavor: Sweet and Tart
Skill Level: Easy
- Quick and Easy: With just 3 main ingredients plus garnishes, this easy cranberry mocktail comes together in only 5 minutes.
- Flavorful yet Simple: A refreshing blend of tart cranberry and sweet orange flavors offers bold flavor with minimal effort.
- Perfect Holiday Drink: With its festive presentation and seasonal flavors, this is the perfect holiday cranberry mocktail that you’ll be coming back to all season long.
- Major Crowd-Pleaser: The versatility of this mocktail makes it suitable for different occasions, from casual gatherings to festive celebrations. Plus, this non-alcoholic drink can be enjoyed by guests of all ages.
- Easy Clean-Up: Mix the cranberry-orange juice blend directly in the pitcher to avoid dirtying up extra dishes.
Ingredients to make a Cranberry Mocktail
- Cranberry juice: With its tangy flavor, cranberry juice forms a tasty base for this mocktail. Use unsweetened cranberry juice so you can control the sugar.
- Orange juice: Freshly squeezed orange juice makes the best Christmas cranberry mocktail. It adds a burst of citrusy sweetness and complements the tartness of the cranberry juice.
- Simple syrup: This is optional and can be adjusted based on your sweetness preference. Learn how to make homemade simple syrup with just 2 ingredients. You can omit the simple syrup entirely if you find the cranberry-orange juice mixture is sweet enough but it does help the balance the tartness of cranberries.
- Club soda: Gives this mocktail a nice effervescence and a fizzy quality, making it a festive holiday drink. It’s added just before serving to maintain its carbonation.
- Fresh orange: Thinly sliced oranges infuse the mocktail with citrus flavor and add a visually appealing element.
- Fresh mint: A sprig or two of fresh mint serves as a vibrant and aromatic garnish, adding a bright freshness to each sip.
Popular substitutions & additions
- Muddle first: Muddle fresh basil or mint leaves in the glass before adding the mocktail for a herbaceous twist. Or consider muddling some frozen strawberries or pomegranate seeds to give it a more fruity flavor.
- Give it extra citrus flavor: Swap out the orange slices with sliced lemon or lime and add a pinch of lemon zest or frozen cranberries to give it extra tartness.
- Sparkling water: Substitute club soda with plain or flavored sparkling water for a slightly different effervescent flavor.
- Sweetener: Swap out simple syrup with honey or maple syrup. I recommend you dissolve it in a little juice first, then add it to the pitcher.
- Garnishes: While orange slices and fresh mint are a classic choice, you can add a cinnamon stick, few slices of jalapeno, or a dash of cayenne pepper for a spicy kick. Or give it a refreshing twist by adding a sprig of rosemary or cucumber slices.
How to make Cranberry Mocktail
- Pour cranberry juice into a large bowl or pitcher.
- Add orange juice and simple syrup, if using.
- Thinly slice orange and add it to the pitcher.
- Divide the juice mixture between four glasses and add the club soda. Stir gently to combine.
Tips for making the best Holiday Cranberry Mocktail
- Chill ingredients. Start with well-chilled cranberry juice, orange juice, and club soda to make the most refreshing mocktail.
- Stir club soda gently. You just want to combine all the liquids, so avoid vigorous stirring to prevent the mocktail from going flat.
- Garnish last. Garnish with sprigs of fresh mint and orange slices just before serving so they retain their vibrant colors and texture.
- Set up a mocktail bar. For holiday parties and gatherings, consider setting up a mocktail bar with a lineup of fun garnishes like citrus wedges, berries, fruit ice cubes, and other garnishes to allow your guests to make their drinks.
How to store this Cranberry Orange Mocktail
Store the cranberry and orange juice mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Be sure to keep it separate from the club soda and orange slices to maintain the bubbly texture.
How long will Cranberry Orange Mocktail last in the fridge?
If the mixture includes cranberry juice, orange juice, and simple syrup, it can last in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. Club soda is best when fresh, so if you’ve already mixed it into the cranberry-orange mixture, it’s best to consume it within a few hours for optimal fizziness.
Frequently asked questions
You can easily scale up the recipe for a crowd. Mix the cranberry-orange base with simple syrup and store it in a large pitcher. Add club soda to the drinking glasses, along with any garnishes, before serving.
If you prefer a still version, simply skip the club soda and serve it as a flavorful cranberry-orange punch. This would be especially tasty for kids who don’t always appreciate fizzy drinks.
Certainly, and it would be delicious, but it wouldn’t be a mocktail. Heat the cranberry and orange mixture gently on the stovetop and omit the club soda. Serve it in your favorite mug during colder seasons.
This festive drink combines the tangy flavors of cranberries with the citrusy and sweet note of oranges, creating the most delicious and easy cranberry mocktail. Cheers to creating unforgettable moments with this Christmas cranberry mocktail that will be a hit all season long.
More beverage recipes:
- Homemade Apple Cider
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Mint Lemonade
- Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Iced Matcha Latte
- Raspberry Iced Tea
If you try this feel good Cranberry Orange Mocktail recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
- 4 cups unsweetened cranberry juice
- 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4 tablespoons simple syrup optional
- 1 orange thinly sliced
- 2 cups club soda
- Fresh mint for serving
- Divide the cranberry juice, orange juice and simple syrup, if using, between four 16 ounce cups. Add the orange slices inside.
- When ready to serve, add the club soda and stir gently to combine. Garnish with fresh mint and add ice if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.