Oven-Baked Low-Carb Rutabaga Fries
This recipe for Oven-Baked Low-Carb Rutabaga Fries is another one of those old recipes I made for my Instagram page that I’m just now uploading to the blog. When I made this 3 years ago, it was an instant hit! People were so amazed at how the shape and consistency of the cut rutabaga was just like that of a potato. Very deceiving and honestly my daughter at the couldn’t taste the difference at all! It’s basically a root vegetable that looks and tastes like a turnip but much less bitter. And what is my favorite thing to do with root vegetables?
Yeah, that needed to be in caps and in a line on it’s own! But honestly, that’s the best way to enjoy root vegetables, especially for kids who still acquiring new tastes. With the right herbs and crisp factor, you’ll have anyone fooled they’re actually french fires 😉
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 4 rutabagas, cut into spears
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Combine rutabaga spears with oil and spices
- Toss until evenly coated
- Lay rutabaga spears onto a baking sheet, leaving space between
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through; they should be cooked through and crisped on the outside