Skinny French Onion DipJump To Recipe
Skinny French Onion Dip made healthier than the store-bought kind by using thick and creamy Greek yogurt for the ultimate healthy snacking condiment.
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Skinny French Onion Dip
Let’s face it, dieting can be really hard. We crave all the things we can’t have so we spend a lot of time looking for alternatives to our favorite snacks to please our taste-buds and ease our minds.
I grew up eating French onion dip with my veggies… but one day I read the nutrition label and… yikes! I had to find a way to make it low calorie and low fat without sacrificing flavor or consistency. So, skinnyfied version to the rescue!
I used Greek Yogurt with almond milk and a few simple seasonings to make this Skinny French Onion Dip. The thick, creamy texture of the Greek Yogurt helps to trick our bodies into feeling fuller, so it’s a great snack when you’re dieting. I’m so glad I gave homemade French onion dip a try because it’s actually better than the stuff you buy at the store!
So slice up your favorite veggies, throw all of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk until completely blended. You can dig right in or set it in the fridge for an hour before serving. There will be enough to serve two hungry people, so if your fam has a thing for dipping veggies — I’d double up the recipe and make enough to go around!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 small minced garlic clove
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp dried chives
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place Greek yogurt, almond milk and apple cider vinegar n a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add onion powder, minced garlic, parsley, chives, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix together very well until completely uniform. Taste with a chip or veggie and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- For best results, refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the flavors to settle.