This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These roasted cauliflower steaks are seasoned with paprika, garlic and cumin for a flavorful vegan side dish. They take minutes to prep and can be paired with so many main dishes. Serve alone or top them with a flavorful chimichurri sauce for an epic combination!
Ingredients to make the recipe
- Cauliflower: Cauliflower is low in calories and high in dietary fiber.
- Seasoning: Lemon juice, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Feel free to sub your own!
How to make cauliflower steaks
- Slice the cauliflower and combine the seasoning ingredients.
- Place the cauliflower steaks on a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Brush each cauliflower slice with the seasoning mix on both sides. Roast in the oven until golden brown.
Tips for making the recipe well
- Keep the stem of the cauliflower intact. You can remove the leaves and some of the stem if it’s really long. But keeping some of the stem will help the cauliflower hold its “steak” shape while roasting.
- Be gentle when spreading the olive oil mixture on the cauliflower. For best presentation, you want to keep those florets all as one piece so rub lightly.
- Cut the cauliflower into even slices. This will ensure that they cook through evenly.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment. The roasted cauliflower steaks will be easier to remove and clean up will be a breeze.
Frequently asked questions
These roasted cauliflower steaks are best served as soon as they are made. You can brush the with the seasoning and keep them covered in the fridge for up to 24 hours before you are due to roast them.
The steaks have a unique presentation to them, but you can easily make this with cauliflower florets if you prefer. Just break the florets off and lay them on a baking sheet before brushing with the seasoning.
These roasted cauliflower steaks are so quick and easy to make yet are fancy enough to serve to guests. They are a really tasty way to enjoy your vegetables and a great low carb option.
More cauliflower recipes:
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower With Tahini
- Cauliflower Rice
- Cauliflower Casserole
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- Cauliflower Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Waffles
- Cauliflower Tabbouleh Salad
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Roasted Cauliflower Steaks recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
- 2 large heads cauliflower
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Chimichurri for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the cauliflower into 1 ½-inch thickness, making sure to leave the large stem at the bottom intact. You should get about 4-6 “steaks”. Keep the extra florets that fall off for another use.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Place cauliflower slices in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Brush each slice with the olive oil mixture on both sides.
- Roast in the oven until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes, flipping carefully halfway.
- Serve immediately drizzled with Chimichurri sauce, if desired.