Double Chocolate Chip MuffinsJump To Recipe
- Serves: 12 muffins
When a recipe is called Double Chocolate Chip Muffins and has less than 200 calories per muffin, what do you do? Grab the ingredients and make it!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
Did you know that cocoa is the highest endorphin-producing food in the world?! No wonder I always say chocolate makes everything better! Here’s a simple Double Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe with basic healthy swaps! The swaps are not like “weird” healthy. And what I mean by that is that the muffin recipe doesn’t use unsual ingredients that you would have a hard time finding. It’s healthy swaps like applesauce instead of butter and whole wheat and oat flour instead of just all-purpose white flour. Those little swaps won’t have too much of an effect on making this an indulgent treat. But they certainly affect the calories and fat – only 196 calories and 7g of fat.
So you know you’ll be having like 4 of them, right? Don’t worry I won’t judge…after all that chocolate IS making us happier!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 F degrees. Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together (whole wheat flour, oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon)
- In another large bowl, mix the wet ingredients together (almond milk, egg, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, applesauce and vanilla extract)
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together without over-mixing. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin filling all the way to the top
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for a few minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm.