This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Corn Ribs recipe post is sponsored by Danish Creamery. As always, all opinions are my own.
Long strips of corn are coated in herbed butter and then air fried to perfection. These corn ribs went viral on TikTok, and are one delicious dish that can be served as a side dish or vegetarian appetizer.
Ingredients & substitutions
- Corn: Use corn cobs that have bright green husks that are tightly packed against the cob. The corn is cut into long strips and then air fried so it’s deliciously charred. Look for large corn to make it easier to cut.
- Butter: The combination of corn and butter is a must! And using a high quality butter makes all the difference in creating a rich decadent taste. Danish Creamery European Style Sea Salt Butter, used in this recipe, is made from a high quality cream from pasture-raised cows. It has 85% butterfat, which means it adds a richness and a truly buttery flavor that doesn’t compare to using oil.
- Cilantro: Herbs add a nice freshness to the corn ribs. Cilantro, parsley and dill all work great, but you can use any you like!
How to make corn ribs
Cut the corn
- Cut the corn into long strips. This is a difficult process, and it’s not about strength, but patience! Don’t push down hard, but use a sawing back and forth motion.
- You can lie the corn cob flat to cut it in half again or cut in half again while it’s upright. It’s actually easier if it’s standing up.
make the herbed butter
- Chop the washed and dried herbs, and place in a bowl.
- Bring the butter to room temperature so that it’s softened and combine it with the herbs.
- Spread the butter generously all over the corn ribs for maximum flavor.
Air Fry, grill or bake
- Place in an air fryer basket, keeping space between each one.
- Cook until curled and slightly charred. The kernels should easily pop off.
Tips for making the recipe
- Use a very sharp knife. Cutting corn in this manner is not an easy task. So you’ll need a chef’s knife to make the job easier and a whole lot of patience!
- Cut the cobs in half. If you don’t feel confident cutting the corn, you can cut the cob in half widthwise, so that you have shorter pieces. The ribs won’t be as long but they will be easier to manage.
- Don’t substitute oil for butter. The oil will likely fall to the bottom of the air fryer basket before the corn cooks. Using Danish Creamery softened butter is ideal as it will stick to the corn longer for better flavor.
- Grill or bake them. If you don’t have an air fryer, you can oven bake them at 375F for around 25 minutes, or grill them on an oiled grate for around 8 minutes on both sides.
- Buy fresh in season corn for the best flavor. If you buy frozen cobs, fully thaw them before cutting into ribs.
Frequently asked questions
It’s easy to mix up the seasonings to suit whatever meal you are planning to serve it with. Mix taco seasoning with the butter for Mexican night, fresh basil for Italian night or chili flakes when you are in the mood for something spicy! The butter is a must though.
These corn ribs are best served as soon as they are made, but leftovers will keep well covered in the fridge for 2 to 3 days. Reheat them in the air fryer at 360F for 2 to 3 minutes or in the oven at 375F for around 8 minutes.
These corn ribs are so fun to serve, and you can easily mix up the flavors to suit your tastes. Now you can see why this Tik Tok recipe went viral!
More corn recipes:
If you try this healthy-ish feel good Corn Ribs recipe or any other Feel Good Foodie recipe, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
- 3 corn on the cob husks removed
- ½ cup Danish Creamery Sea Salt Butter room temperature
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped cilantro plus more for serving
- Sea salt for serving
- Stand the corn vertically on a cutting board. Place the knife firmly at the top of the corn right in the middle and push the knife downwards carefully, rowing it back and forth if needed. The shorter and wider the corn is, the easier it will be.
- Hold the two halves together and cut them in half again vertically to create quarters.
- Combine the butter and cilantro to create the herbed butter. Brush the herbed butter all over the 12 pieces of corn ribs.
- Place the corn ribs in the preheated air fryer in a single layer, leaving space between each of them to allow for air flow
- Air fry at 400ºF until the corn ribs start to curl and become charred, 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with sprinkling of sea salt and fresh cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.