Chocolate Hazelnut CookiesJump To Recipe
- Serves: 18 cookies
You're just five ingredients away from the best chocolate hazelnut cookies - literally only made with Nutella, one egg, flour, salt and hazelnuts. The result is a ridiculously soft and chewy cookie that resembles a crinkle cookie. It's so easy to make and it might just become an instant family classic!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
I have a love/hate relationship with Nutella. I grew up eating it on pita bread in Africa, and it was a wonderful snack that was also a special treat for us. When I moved to the states and my mom found it in grocery stores, it was a like a little piece of my childhood came back with us here. So, we continued to buy it, slap it on pita bread, eat it out of the jar and even experiment with it to make cupcakes, muffins and these chocolate hazelnut cookies, or should I just officially call them Nutella cookies? But one day I started learning that some of its ingredients were just not the healthiest or the type of ingredients that will make your body feel good. So I stopped buying it for the most part. I tried other healthy brand variations of chocolate hazelnut spreads and I liked them, but they never had the Nutella ummpphhh. I mean look at it! Gahhh!
Still, every now and then, I love to buy a jar, slap it on some pita bread, take spoonful bites from the jar and bake with it like I used to. I can’t remember where this chocolate hazelnut cookies recipe came from, but it stuck in my head because I’ve made it time and time again and it’s one you definitely need to make with your family!
It’s only needs a cup of nutella, one egg and 1/2 a cup of flour. You can also add sea salt to the mix and chopped hazelnuts on top, but it’s literally just those 5 ingredients. So, let’s indulge in these chocolate hazelnut cookies, err, nutella cookies and live on the wild side. It’s so soft, so chewy, and so incredibly delicious! I just know you’ll love it!
How to Make Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies (1 min.)
- 1 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (like Nutella or another brand)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup whole wheat white flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the chocolate hazelnut spread with the egg until smooth. Add the flour and salt, and mix well until combined.
- Using an ice cream scooper or your hands, form the cookie dough into balls. Place them evenly spaced on the baking sheet. Press the dough gently to flatten the tops.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookie tops are slightly cracked, about 8-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Make ahead: You can make the dough up to one day ahead and store in the fridge.
- Storage: Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to one week.
- Substitutions: I’ve used a variety of flours, including AP, whole wheat and pastry flour. I haven’t tried any gluten free flours though