I’m such a pizza brat! It’s one of my favorite comfort foods of all time, but I won’t eat cheap processed pizza. When I’m ready to indulge in pizza, I want real dough, real cheese and fresh vegetables and toppings! When I want a semi-indulgence, I make the cauliflower crust version at home. This Cauliflower Crust Tomato Garlic Margarita Pizza has all the pizazz of regular pizza cuz it’s topped with sauce, cheese, garlic, tomatoes and fresh basil, but it’s less calories, less fat and less carbs! Sold!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 1 whole cauliflower head cut into florets
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced mushrooms optional
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment papert; set aside.
- To make the cauliflower crust, cut the cauliflower into florets, then add them to a food processor and pulse until finely ground like rice; makes about 2-3 cups.
- Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. and cook for about 5 minutes, or until softened; let cool.
- Place cauliflower in a cheese cloth or dish towel, and squeeze out all the excess water so it is as dry as possible.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in the eggs, grated parmesan, onion powder and paprika.
- Spread into desired shape on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in preheated oven at 400F for 40 minutes.
- Add the sauce and toppings and bake at 450F for about 5 minutes until cheese has melted and toppings look cooked
- Serve immediately while warm.