This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This easy one dish meal is inspired by the viral TikTok Baked Feta Pasta, which I’m sure you have all tried by now! Lower in carbs, this baked feta salmon is full of wonderfully fresh and healthy ingredients, and is so simple and easy to make.
Baked feta salmon tutorial
Ingredients & substitutions
- Salmon: I like to use MOWI Essential Fresh Atlantic Salmon. It has a wonderful flavor as well as being sustainable. Salmon is a great source of healthy omega-3s and is high in protein.
- Vegetables: Cherry tomatoes, green pepper, red onion, garlic, kalamata olives.
- Feta cheese: This Greek cheese adds a great creamy texture and rich flavor. Goats cheese will also work well.
- Seasonings: Salt, oregano, red pepper flakes and fresh basil.
- Oil: I like to use extra virgin olive oil for this dish for a richer flavor. You can use regular olive oil if that’s what you have.
How to make baked feta salmon
- Place the veggies and feta cheese into an oven proof dish.
- Add some of the seasonings and oil, and toss to combine.
- Place the salmon in the middle of the dish with the rest of the seasonings and bake!
Tips for making the recipe well
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes, rather than leaving them whole. This dish requires a lot less cooking time than the original baked feta pasta, so this will allow them to cook through and be soft.
- Double the recipe. This is the perfect meal for one, but turn this into a family meal by adding additional salmon fillets and vegetables and using a bigger baking dish.
- Allow your salmon to reach room temperature before baking it. It helps to take it out of the fridge 15 to 30 minutes before baking. This will help it to cook evenly through.
- Do the fork check on the salmon. When it’s done cooking, the salmon should be juicy and should flake easily with a fork when pressed on top. If it is over cooked, it will look dry or crumble when you cut into it.
Frequently asked questions
This salmon recipe is a great balanced meal with lots of veggies, protein and good fats. If you like, you can serve it up with a separate veggie or potato side. It’s great with some sautéed asparagus or green beans.
Baked feta salmon is best served as soon as it’s made. If you do have leftovers, they will keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can reheat it, covered with foil, in the oven at 275°F for around 15 minutes until warmed through.
For the best flavor and texture, it’s best to use fresh salmon for this recipe. If you use frozen, be sure to thaw it fully before baking it and pat it dry with kitchen towel to remove any moisture.
This baked feta salmon is such an effortless weeknight meal. Full of fresh and healthy ingredients, it wonderfully flavorful and so simple to make!
More salmon recipes:
- Salmon Cakes
- Honey Lemon Salmon
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Salmon Burgers
- Garlic Cilantro Baked Salmon
- Panko Crusted Salmon
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Baked Feta Salmon recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Baked Feta Salmon
- 6 ounces MOWI Essential Fresh Atlantic Salmon
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- ¼ cup chopped green pepper
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons pitted kalamata olives
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- ¼ teaspoon salt divided
- ¼ teaspoon oregano divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pat the salmon dry.
- In an oven safe dish, place the cherry tomatoes, green peppers, red onions, feta cheese, kalamata olives, garlic, half the salt and half the oregano oregano. Pour the olive oil on top, and toss until well combined.
- Place the salmon in the middle of the baking dish surrounded by all the vegetables. Add the remaining oregano and crushed red pepper on top of the salmon. Drizzle more olive oil if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, until the tomatoes soften and the salmon is cooked through.
- Add fresh basil leaves and serve with a side of your choice, if desired
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.