This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Perfect for snacking, breakfast or dessert, this healthy yogurt chia pudding is simple and easy to make, and a delicious way to get the goodness in. This parfait is layered with vanilla yogurt, chia pudding and fresh berries for one tasty bite.
Ingredients & substitutions
- Yogurt: Use a full fat yogurt that will keep its texture to support the rest of the ingredients. It also has a creamier flavor compared to low fat. Vanilla yogurt is perfect here, but you can use other flavors if you prefer.
- Chia pudding: Use this chia pudding recipe to make this layer. Make it the day before to allow it to set.
- Fruit: Use fresh blueberries and fresh strawberries with the pudding and it helps to slice the strawberries small so that they are easy to eat. Let the strawberries sit in sugar to macerate them before adding; this will help to make them softer and sweeter. Any fruits will work well in this parfait; banana, raspberries and mango are all great choices.
How to layer yogurt chia parfait
- Place some yogurt in a glass.
- Top with the macerated strawberries.
- Layer with the chia pudding.
- Top with fresh blueberries and sliced strawberries.
Tips for making the pudding
- Make the chia pudding the day before. Chia pudding needs at least a couple hours to set and best if prepared overnight. Having the chia pudding ready will make it easier to assemble.
- Macerate the berries.This is the process of soaking or marinating the strawberries in sugar. It makes the berries softer and releases its juices to make the pudding more unique.
- Use full fat yogurt. Because you’re creating layers with the yogurt, berries and chia pudding, it’s easier to use full fat yogurt that doesn’t separate as easily from the excess moisture.
- Make it your own! It’s so easy to make this yogurt chia pudding to suit your tastes. Use any fruits you like, and drizzle with some maple syrup or honey for some sweetness. Top with some chopped nuts like almonds or pecans, or sprinkle on some chocolate chips.
Frequently asked questions
This yogurt chia pudding is best enjoyed as soon as you’ve made it so that the fruits are nice and fresh, but it will keep well for 2 to 3 days. Cover the tops of the glasses with plastic wrap to keep fresh.
You can make the chia pudding and macerate the strawberries the day before.
Serve these chia pudding parfaits in clear glasses or cups, that way you can get to see all the pretty layers. They make for a great quick and easy breakfast, healthy snack or dessert, and they are great for kids of all ages.
These yogurt chia pudding parfaits are so creamy, fruity and delicious and they are loaded with vitamins and minerals to boost your energy. Quick and easy to make, they are a great healthy snack that everyone will love.
More snacks to try :
- Matcha Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Chia Pudding
- Strawberry Chia Pudding
- No Bake Energy Bites
- Baked Kale Chips
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Yogurt Chia Pudding recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
Yogurt Chia Pudding
- Combine the strawberries and sugar in a bowl and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Divide the yogurt into two cups.
- Add the strawberries on top, reserving a few slices for topping.
- Add the chia pudding and then the blueberries, followed by the reserved strawberries.
- Serve immediately for best consistency.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.